Architectural Engineer Job Description
Architectural engineers inspect and design construction plans to ensure buildings will be safe and have structural integrity. They combine their knowledge of physics, engineering, and architecture to advise project and construction managers on critical edits that must be made to solve design flaws.
Architectural Engineer Job Description Sample
We are hiring experienced and confident architectural engineers to oversee construction and building design projects. Applicants will be expected to collaborate with project managers, team members, and clients to ensure a building's safety and structural integrity. An architectural engineer must have an expert understanding of physics and architecture. Furthermore, architectural engineers must be able to confidently and concisely communicate crucial information regarding structural integrity, safety, and necessary adjustments to architectural designs.
Architectural Engineer Salary
Architectural engineers make between $48,000 to $101,000 per year. The average salary for architectural engineers is $64,000.
Architectural Engineer Skills
- Absolute knowledge of physics and engineering concepts that relate to stability and structural integrity.
- Has a keen eye for small but crucial details and discrepancies.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
Architectural Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult with project managers and clients to discuss the structural integrity and safety of proposed structures.
- Inspect building plans and identify potential hazards.
- Test and analyze aspects of the structure to determine structural integrity and propose improvements.
Architectural Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architectural Engineering.
- Thorough understanding of physics, engineering, and architecture concepts.
- Proven experience working in the architectural or engineering field.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesArchitectural Engineer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..