Art Teacher Job Description
Art teachers work at public or private academic institutions to educate students about visual and performing arts. Art teachers provide students with the ability to learn about and develop their skills and passion for the arts.
Art Teacher Job Description Sample
We are hiring art teachers to engage, captivate, and educate students about creativity, self-expression, and art history. Art teachers are responsible for sourcing art materials, assembling art curriculum, and setting up and demonstrating the use of various art equipment. Successful applicants are able to captivate and engage students by tying arts and art history lessons into current events and modern struggles students are facing. Art teachers are also responsible for evaluating and disciplining students, reporting student performance to parents or administration, and visiting school networking and faculty events.
Art Teacher Salary
An art teacher earns between $31,000 and $66,000 a year. Art teachers earn an average salary of $45,000.
Art Teacher Skills
- Engaging and exciting communicator.
- Sharp observational and evaluative abilities.
- A precise understanding of educational practices.
- Calm and patient demeanor when working with students.
Art Teacher Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach arts and art history lessons.
- Create and implement an educational curriculum.
- Attend school networking events and parent-teacher conferences.
- Source and demonstrate the use of art materials and techniques.
Art Teacher Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in an arts field (acting, visual arts, dance, etc.)
- Experience teaching or performing in the arts (art portfolio may be required).
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesArt Teacher Cover Letter Sample
Art Teacher Interview Questions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..