Art Therapist Job Description
Art therapists are tasked with helping their patients discover and explore their suppressed emotions. They give their patients the tools and techniques needed to investigate and become comfortable with their psychology.
Art Therapist Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire art therapists to work with patients and improve their mental wellbeing. Art therapists show their patients how to use art techniques such as painting, coloring, drawing, and sculpting to investigate and explore their emotional state. Successful candidates must have a firm grasp of human psychology and psychoanalytic theories. Furthermore, they must be capable of guiding patients through exercises and comforting them during challenging moments. Art therapists are also responsible for taking notes on a patient's mental state and collaborating with or referring them to mental health specialists for treatments..
Art Therapist Salary
An art therapist earns a salary between $45,000 and $95,000 a year. The average salary is $68,000.
Art Therapist Skills
- Patient, sensitive, and understanding when treating patients.
- Able to use database software to keep patient records.
- Comfortable working with patients of diverse ages, genders, states of mind, and cultural backgrounds.
- Adept in oral communication.
Art Therapist Duties & Responsibilities
- Use art techniques to help patients explore and identify their emotions.
- Keep patient records for future analysis and checkups.
- Collaborate with medical professionals in different fields of medicine.
Art Therapist Requirements
- Master's degree in art therapy or counseling.
- State license to practice art therapy.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesArt Therapist Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..