Asphalt Laborer Job Desription
Asphalt laborers work on roads and pathways to pour, level, and allow pavement and asphalt to set. They ensure roads and paths are smooth and provide a safe, efficient commute.
Asphalt Laborer Job Description Sample
We are hiring hard-working asphalt laborers to assist in the building of roads, pathways, and parking lots by managing, pouring, and setting asphalt. Asphalt laborers are also responsible for handling road construction equipment like rakes, shovels, pavement saws, and spray cans. Successful candidates must be team players and accountable workers that always keep safety in mind.
Asphalt Laborer Salary
An asphalt laborer earns a salary between $24,000 and $69,000 a year. The average pay for asphalt laborers is $40,000 per year.
Asphalt Laborer Skills
- Able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Physically fit and able to perform heavy lifting.
- Able to work flexible hours and night shifts.
- Comfortable with spending large amounts of time working outdoors during various weather conditions.
Asphalt Laborer Duties & Responsibilities
- Pour, level, smooth, and assist asphalt in setting.
- Handle light and heavy road construction equipment.
- Conducting basic construction tasks such as pouring, lifting, and digging.
Asphalt Laborer Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Work experience as a construction laborer.
- Ability to work long and flexible hours, including weekends and night shifts.
- Capable of performing physical tasks such as squatting, digging, sweeping, standing for long periods, and heavy lifting.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAsphalt Laborer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..