Asphalt Laborer Job Desription
Asphalt laborers work on roads and pathways to pour, level, and allow pavement and asphalt to set. They ensure roads and paths are smooth and provide a safe, efficient commute.
Asphalt Laborer Job Description Sample
We are hiring hard-working asphalt laborers to assist in the building of roads, pathways, and parking lots by managing, pouring, and setting asphalt. Asphalt laborers are also responsible for handling road construction equipment like rakes, shovels, pavement saws, and spray cans. Successful candidates must be team players and accountable workers that always keep safety in mind.
Asphalt Laborer Salary
An asphalt laborer earns a salary between $24,000 and $69,000 a year. The average pay for asphalt laborers is $40,000 per year.
Asphalt Laborer Skills
- Able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Physically fit and able to perform heavy lifting.
- Able to work flexible hours and night shifts.
- Comfortable with spending large amounts of time working outdoors during various weather conditions.
Asphalt Laborer Duties & Responsibilities
- Pour, level, smooth, and assist asphalt in setting.
- Handle light and heavy road construction equipment.
- Conducting basic construction tasks such as pouring, lifting, and digging.
Asphalt Laborer Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Work experience as a construction laborer.
- Ability to work long and flexible hours, including weekends and night shifts.
- Capable of performing physical tasks such as squatting, digging, sweeping, standing for long periods, and heavy lifting.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesAsphalt Laborer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..