Assistant Buyer Job Description
Assistant buyers support and advise a company's purchasing department by conducting research and suggesting which products or services to buy.
Assistant Buyer Job Description Sample
We are looking for experienced and trustworthy assistant buyers to collaborate with the company's purchasing department and recommend the most effective and cost-efficient products to buy. Skillful assistant buyers research existing products on the market, as well as new suppliers. They then report to and advise the company's purchasing brands about the most economical products and services to buy. An optimal candidate is an analytical and critical thinker capable of researching products and predicting their effects on the company's production and work efficiency. Assistant buyers must also have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate crucial information to teammates and negotiate agreements with vendors.
Assistant Buyer Salary
Assistant buyers earn a salary between the ranges of $35,000 and $63,000. The average assistant buyer earns a wage of $47,000 per year.
Assistant Buyer Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and rapport building abilities.
- Capable of using computer spreasheet software.
- Able to work and research vendors and products independently.
- Calm and quick-witted; can perform under pressure and negotiate with sellers.
Assistant Buyer Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist and advise the company's purchasing department about the best and most effective products and vendors.
- Negotiate deals and agreements with sellers on behalf of the company.
Assistant Buyer Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance, marketing, or a related field.
- Three years of experience in a retail operations position or a similar discipline.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesAssistant Buyer Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..