Assistant Professor Job Description
Assistant professors are responsible for working alongside more experienced professors in a classroom or educational setting. They are required to act as a point of contact between students and the head professor.
Assistant Professor Job Description Sample
We are hiring assistant professors to aid professors in preparing and teaching lessons, interacting with students, and offering extra help to pupils in need. Applicants must be motivated, eager to teach, and able to interest and engage students in the curriculum content. Successful assistant professors are willing to go the extra mile to help students achieve their goals and fully realize their academic potential. Assistant professors also have the task of evaluating and reporting on student performance and attendance to the leading professor.
Assistant Professor Salary
Assistant professors can earn from $49,000 to $103,000 annually. The average yearly pay is $68,000.
Assistant Professor Skills
- Passionate about helping and educating students.
- Attentive to detail and analytical thinker capable of assessing and evaluating students.
- Calm, patient, and professional demeanor when teaching or speaking with students.
Assistant Professor Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare students for examinations and evaluate their performance.
- Assist the head professor in marking and evaluating students.
- Take the head professor's place and teach the class independently in case of an absence.
- Support students by providing extra help.
Assistant Professor Requirements
- Master's degree or Doctorate in an academic field.
- Work experience in an educational field.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesAssistant Professor Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..