Assistant Project Manager Job Description
Assistant project managers support senior project managers in planning, implementing, and overseeing project progress along with project managers or project management teams.
Assistant Project Manager Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire assistant project managers to aid senior project managers in performing administrative duties and supervising personnel working on a project. Successful applicants are self-motivated, natural leaders who are able to direct large groups of workers, and capable of managing projects. Assistant project managers are expected to evaluate and report on worker performance, write progress reports in MS-Word (or similar word processing software), and manage basic administrative tasks such as disciplining employees, and writing and presenting project reports.
Assistant Project Manager Salary
Assistant project managers earn from $42,000 to $82,000 per year. The average yearly pay for assistant project managers is $60,000.
Assistant Project Manager Skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple tasks or individuals simultaneously.
- Has a keen eye for detail and can recognize discrepancies in project plans and procedures.
Assistant Project Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise project progress and work efficiency.
- Assist the senior project manager in performing administrative tasks.
- Delegate responsibilities and tasks amongst workers.
- Explain the project design and direct teams of workers.
Assistant Project Manager Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three years of experience working in project design or management roles.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAssistant Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..