Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description
Assistant restaurant managers are the driving force behind restaurant success. They supervise restaurant and dining operations to ensure efficient and productive meal services.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description Sample
We are searching for an assistant restaurant manager to oversee and direct restaurant procedures, carry out essential administrative tasks, and act as a point of communication between workers in the dining room and the kitchen. Applicants must be confident leaders that are not easily discouraged by setbacks. Assistant restaurant managers are responsible for directing restaurant personnel, evaluating and reporting upon staff performance, providing exceptional customer service to guests, and reporting dining room numbers and statistics to the kitchen (e.g., amount of occupied tables).
Assistant Restaurant Manager Salary
An assistant restaurant manager's wages range from $32,000 to $53,000 per year. The average salary for assistant restaurant managers is $41,000.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Skills
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and exemplary customer service.
- Able to multitask and supervise or carry out multiple operations.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise restaurant dining room and kitchen operations and efficiency.
- Act as a contact point between the dining room and kitchen.
- Engage guests and make them feel welcome.
- Relay important information to other restaurant managers and chefs.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three years of experience working in the food sector or the hospitality industry.
- Experience in a managerial or personnel supervision position.
- Able to work flexible hours, including late nights and weekends.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAssistant Restaurant Manager Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..