Associate Attorney Job Description
Associate attorneys are lawyers that provide legal services but do not own shares or hold partnership positions in their law firm. There are many opportunities for career advancement, as associate attorneys can be promoted to stakeholding partnership positions.
Associate Attorney Job Description Sample
We are hiring associate attorneys to provide firm clients with legal services and consultations. Associate attorneys must be knowledgeable in both public and private aspects of the law. The responsibilities of associate attorneys include meeting with clients for legal consultations, providing them with legal services, developing strategies for court cases, and assisting higher ranking attorneys with their cases. A successful applicant is expected to have a thorough knowledge of the law, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be capable of multitasking and handling multiple assignments simultaneously.
Associate Attorney Salary
An associate attorney's yearly earnings range from $50,000 to $123,000. An average associate attorney's payroll is $74,000.
Associate Attorney Skills
- Capable of using Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Able to work with a team of lawyers and independently on cases.
- Have an exceptional eye for detail and finding discrepancies within paperwork.
Associate Attorney Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult with clients and offer legal services on cases.
- Assist other attorneys with their legal cases.
- Develop strategies and tactics for approaching cases.
Associate Attorney Requirements
- Hold a law degree and pass the bar exam.
- Have mastery over MS-Office software (namely Word and Excel).
- Capability to work flexible hours and long shifts.
- Possess a license to practice law.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesAssociate Attorney Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..