Associate Professor Job Description
Associate professors conduct research and teach classes at academic institutions. They also attend relevant academic events to further educate students in their academic field of specialty.
Associate Professor Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire skilled and enthusiastic associate professors to work below full professors and conduct valuable research, as well as teach classes in a vast range of academic fields. Associate professors are tasked with leading and involving students in research that will be published in academic journals. Successful candidates offer students the opportunities to participate and take part in meaningful research for their fields of study. Associate professors are also responsible for planning and instructing students at classes and attending related academic conferences.
Associate Professor Salary
Salaries for associate professors range from $53,000 to $125,000. The median yearly pay for associate professors is around $77,000.
Associate Professor Skills
- Shows a total understanding of teaching and subject research techniques.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication; friendly and respectful when dealing with students.
- Able to clearly answer questions regarding their academic field of study.
Associate Professor Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct and involve students in research.
- Plan and teach classes.
- Attend academic conferences to network and build professional relationships with students.
Associate Professor Requirements
- Possess a Master's degree or Doctorate in a relevant academic field of study.
- Several years of experience in teaching or research in their field of study.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAssociate Professor Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..