Best Process Technician Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A process technician is a manufacturing worker that monitors the manufacturing machinery and documents the results in accordance with strict adherence to company standards, manufacturing protocols, or standard operation procedures (SOPs). A process technician is involved in all stages of the manufacturing process. From the pharmaceutical manufacturing process to the medical device manufacturing process.
A process technician is sometimes referred to as a semiconductor process technician, engineering technician, or chemical technician.
Process Technician Job Description Sample
Our production team is looking for an experienced process technician to oversee an assigned part of the manufacturing process. The process technician will learn our SOP's (standard operating procedures), monitor equipment for maintenance requirements, efficiency, and record all results for review with the process operator.
Process Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and process technician responsibilities:
- Practice sterile processing in a cleanroom for the pharmaceutical products in production.
- Oversee manufacturing and monitor results against SOP's (standard operating procedures).
- Work closely with a process operator to oversee production equipment or processing equipment and be assigned to one specific part of the manufacturing process.
- Handle raw material as part of the production process and essential functions of the manufacturing monitoring.
- Oversee general maintenance, operations, and quality control on machinery or equipment.
- Understand the manufacturing procedure and perform preventive maintenance on the assigned machinery or equipment.
- Use continuous improvement to mix or blend chemicals for reaction process vessels.
- Oversee a crude oil refining process (in a biofuels production plant) or feedstock process to produce refined feedstock.
Process Technician Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree in Process Technology is preferred.
- Previous work experience in a biofuels plant is a plus.
- Previous work experience as an engineer, process technician, or engineering technician is preferred.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail are required.
- Previous experience in a cleanroom work environment.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..