Best IT Auditor Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
An IT auditor (information technology auditor) or information systems auditor is a professional who helps develop, implement, and test audit review procedures. This audit review process can extend to networks, programs, software, communication systems, security systems, and other technological infrastructure services that depend on information technology.
In IT companies an IT auditor may simply be referred to as an “internal auditor” or compliance auditor.
IT Auditor Job Description Sample
Our IT team is seeking an IT auditor who can assist with risk assessment and risk management of our IT systems. This includes our client, server, telecommunications systems as well as auditing and assessing our technological innovation procedures and enterprise architecture. The role of the IT auditor is to conduct audit review procedures and evaluate the company's technological infrastructure.
IT Auditor Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and IT auditor responsibilities include:
- Oversee the internal control of our audit review procedures and processes.
- Work closely with other members of the auditing team, including a senior auditor, junior auditor, and external auditor.
- Review security systems and procedures for potential opportunities for future security breaches and provide information security analysis.
- Provide multiple types of audits and internal auditing including technological innovation process auditors, innovative comparison audits, technological audits, systems and application audits, and management of IT and enterprise architecture audits.
- Review client, server, and telecommunication systems as well as general operating procedures.
- Work closely with an audit manager to generate an audit report based on audit findings for the management team.
- Follow internal audit procedures set by the audit manager.
IT Auditor Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- CISA certification (certified information systems auditor).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
- Previous work experience in an IT role.
- Computer security skills, security risk management skills, data analysis skills are preferred.
- Ability to use data analysis tools like ACL, MS Excel, Tableau, and SAS.
- Ability to follow internal audit standards including SOX, MAR, COSO, and COBIT.
IT Auditor Salary
According to Salary.com, an IT auditor earns $81,100 per year, on average. With the top percentile of workers earning $95,619 per year, on average. And entry-level workers earning $57,984 per year, on average.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..