IT Auditor Job Description (2021)
Free IT Auditor job description. An IT auditor (information technology auditor) or information systems auditor helps develop, implement, and test audit review procedures. This audit review process can extend to networks, programs, software, communication systems, security systems, and other technological infrastructure services that depend on information technology.
In IT companies, an IT auditor may be referred to as an “internal auditor” or compliance auditor. An IT auditor can be found in the finance industry, technology sector, and other compliance sectors.
IT Auditor Job Description Sample
Our IT team seeks an IT auditor who can assist with risk assessment and risk management of our IT systems. This includes our client, server, telecommunications systems, and auditing and assessing our technological innovation procedures and enterprise architecture. The IT auditor's role is to conduct audit review procedures and evaluate the company's technological infrastructure.
IT Auditor Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and IT auditor responsibilities include:
- Oversee the internal control of our audit review procedures and processes.
- Work closely with other members of the auditing team, including a senior auditor, junior auditor, and external auditor.
- Review security systems and procedures for potential opportunities for future security breaches and provide information security analysis.
- Provide multiple types of audits and internal auditing. Including technological innovation process auditors, innovative comparison audits, technological audits, systems and application audits, and management of IT and enterprise architecture audits.
- Review client, server, and telecommunication systems as well as general operating procedures.
- Work closely with an audit manager to generate an audit report based on audit findings for the management team.
- Follow internal audit procedures set by the audit manager.
Lead IT Auditor Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead assigned IT audit projects to achieve department guidelines. Ensure the guidelines are being followed within established timetables. And with high-quality results.
- Review business processes, identify and assess controls, and communicate results with clients.
- Define for audit staff the overall audit scope, providing them with assignments and direction throughout the audit project.
- Oversee assigned audit staff through the completion of the entire audit. Including interviewing clients, reviewing business processes, identifying, and assessing controls. And assessing test key controls, developing findings, and communicating with clients to develop and follow-up on action plans.
- Identifies risk factors and controls within applications and systems that support key business processes. And performs an assessment to determine audit scope.
- Develops the IT audit programming, manages the execution of the audit test procedures. Including reviewing and analyzing evidence. And ensuring appropriate conclusions are reached.
- Contributes to department initiatives to improve IT processes. Including but not limited to data analytics strategies and any fraud attempts.
- Drafts high-quality reports and ensures findings are accurate. And that actions are well-documented in accordance with department standards.
IT Auditor Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- CISA certification (certified information systems auditor).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
- Previous work experience in an IT role.
- Computer security skills, security risk management skills, data analysis skills are preferred.
- Ability to use data analysis tools like ACL, MS Excel, Tableau, and SAS.
- Ability to follow internal audit standards including SOX, MAR, COSO, and COBIT.
IT Auditor Salary
According to Salary.com, an IT auditor earns $81,100 per year, on average. With the top percentile of workers earning $95,619 per year, on average. And entry-level workers earning $57,984 per year, on average.
Download the free it auditor job description PDF template. And use the sample it auditor job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..