Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description (2022)
Free legal administrative assistant job description. The responsibilities of legal administrative assistants include providing administrative support to attorneys and enhancing office effectiveness. A legal administrative assistant handles communication with clients, witnesses, and other people involved in a legal case, offers legal administrative support for trials, and helps in keeping the office running smoothly and efficiently at all times.
Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description Template & Sample
This Legal Assistant job description template is free to use and perfect for posting on online careers pages or job boards. Feel free to customize it for your company's specific needs, altering it where necessary to fit your firm's legal specialty.
Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description Brief
We are looking for self-motivated Legal Administrative Assistants to ensure our office runs smoothly and our case management remains effective. Smart, resourceful, and versatile candidates will be providing a broad spectrum of legal services while working directly under one of our experienced attorneys. Must be comfortable handling legal documents, have high-level organizational skills and communication skills, have a basic understanding of the law, and be comfortable with client interaction. Prior related experience in legal research, documentation, or litigation a must! Salary commensurate with experience.
Legal Administrative Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative support to lawyers in the office and enhancing overall office effectiveness
- Handling communication between clients, witnesses, and others
- Administratively supporting and attending trials
- Preparing case briefs and summarizing depositions, interrogatories, and testimony
- Conducting investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locating and developing information relevant to cases
- Typing up and filing routine correspondence and legal documents
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Maintaining contact lists
- Monitoring schedules and calendars, remaining cognizant of upcoming deadlines
- Handling incoming mail and route to the appropriate personnel
- Scheduling meetings, take notes during the meeting, and create digital documents related to the event
- Assist with maintaining office resources and maintain office equipment, records, supplies, and other key needs of the company
Legal Administrative Assistant Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Proven work record and experience as a legal secretary or legal administrative assistant
- Familiar with the court system, litigation documents, procedures, and protocols, and the law specific to the firm's specialty
- Broad knowledge of how a legal office runs on a day-to-day basis
- Computer literate
- General understanding and knowledge of the firm's case management software
- High-level organizational and secretarial skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask effectively
- High school diploma; Legal Assistant certification or bachelor's degree preferred
Related job descriptions
- Administrative Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Officer Job Description
- Executive Assistant Job Description
- Sales Assistant Job Description
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description
- Research Assistant Job Description
- Legal Secretary Job Description
- Program Assistant Job Description
- Office Assistant Job Description
- Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Operations Manager Job Description
- Office Manager Job Description
- Receptionist Job Description
- Medical Assistant Job Description
- Paralegal Job Description
- Personal Assistant Job Description
- Real Estate Assistant Job Description
- Vet Assistant Job Description
- HR Administrative Assistant Job Description
Download the free legal administrative assistant job description PDF template. And use the sample legal administrative assistant job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..