Amazon Employee Discount Information (2022 Guide)
Learn about the Amazon employee discount. You're probably a new employee at Amazon (or considering applying) who's curious about the Amazon employee discount and how it works.
While conducting research on their employee discount and speaking with Amazon contacts, it became clear that their discount represents a modest fraction of their employee benefits package. As a result, I went ahead and included a list of the primary Amazon employee benefits that come with working for the eCommerce behemoth.
What is the Amazon employee discount?
Amazon offers a 10% discount to employees.
They set a cap of $100 on the annual discount. Meaning, you receive a 10% discount on all purchases up to $1,000.
While this is not a substantial discount, it is better than nothing!
How long do you have to work at Amazon to be eligible for an employee discount?
According to a current Amazon employee, you must work for the company for 30 days before being eligible for the employee discount.
Are there any restrictions on the employee discount?
Yes. Amazon must sell and fulfill products directly, not through third-party sellers.
Do employees receive an Amazon prime discount?
Unfortunately, no. Employees are obligated to pay the entire cost of a Prime Membership.
Can I take advantage of my employee discount on Amazon Prime day?
Yes. You may utilize your 10% discount at any time throughout the year as long as the products are qualified.
Do Indian employees receive a discount?
Unfortunately, no. International employees do not receive a discount.
Are employees compensated extra for holiday work?
Yes, employees of Amazon earn "time and a half" if they work on any of the following six holidays:
- New Years Day.
- Memorial Day.
- 4th of July.
- Labor Day.
- Thanksgiving Day.
- Christmas Day.
What benefits do employees receive when working at Amazon?
I'm happy you asked because, in no particular order, here are some more benefits of working at Amazon:
- Starting Wage of $15/hour: The exact minimum they will pay you is $15/hour, which is a decent starting wage.
- Health Benefits: You are qualified for health benefits on your first day of work if you work at least 20 hours per week.
- Maternity and Paternity Leave: Full-time employees (blue badges) are entitled to up to four weeks of paid leave prior to and following childbirth.
- Tuition Reimbursement: After one year of employment with Amazon, you are eligible for tuition reimbursement of up to 95% for an Associates degree or certificate.
- Adoption Assistance: Up to $5,000 for single-child adoptions and $10,000 for sibling/group adoptions.
- Employee Assistance Plan: All employees and household members are eligible for free counseling sessions. This includes three complimentary face-to-face counseling sessions every year.
- Health Savings Account: Employer contributions of a health savings account.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Reimbursements on purchases related to business.
How do I get my employee discount on Amazon?
Use the A to Z app that you are given when you are employed at Amazon. Click on your job profile and details. And you'll see your employee discount code that's available to use on Amazon purchases through the regular consumer product.
Is Amazon Prime free to employees?
While Amazon employees do not receive a complimentary Prime membership, they do receive a promo code for a 10% annual discount on all things shipped and sold by Amazon. The total amount of the discount is $100.
While each employee doesn't receive a free Prime membership, they receive employee discounts on all purchases through Amazon.
Do Amazon employees get any perks?
Along with fair compensation, employees have the option to purchase Amazon stock, participate in 401(k) plans with a 50% corporate match, and enroll in paid life and accident insurance. Amazon employees are compensated and receive important benefits for themselves and their families in exchange for their efforts.
Lastly, Amazon workers enjoy a diverse and inclusive workplace with flexible working hours. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
What do Amazon employees get for free?
Amazon's free Employee Assistance Program provides confidential assistance, resources, and referrals for all aspects of work and personal life 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The company offers online resources for parents of children with developmental disabilities (must meet eligible family members' requirements), as well as referrals and assistance with child and elder care services.
Does Amazon give Christmas bonuses?
Amazon typically distributes bonuses during the month of December. Amazon offers a $300 holiday incentive to full-time employees and a $150 bonus to part-time employees.
- Amazon Background Check Policy
- Amazon Paid Holidays Policy
- Amazon UPT Policy
- Amazon Overtime Pay Policy
- Amazon Rehire Policy
- Does Amazon Give Pay Raises?
- How Much Does Amazon Make?
- What Age Does Amazon Hire?
- Amazon Employee Referral Bonus
- Amazon Employee Discount
- How to Pass a Mouth Swab Test for Amazon
- Amazon Dress Code
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Does Amazon Drug Test?
- Amazon VTO
- How to Quit Amazon
- Amazon Slogan
Compare employee discounts
- Lowe's Employee Discount
- Tesla Employee Discount
- Victoria's Secret Employee Discount
- Nordstrom Employee Discount
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Best Buy Employee Discount
- AT&T Employee Discount
Our favorite resources are included below.
Job interview resources
- Common Interview Questions by Marquette University
- Prepare for Behavioral Interview Questions by Marquette University
- Preparing for Job Interviews by the University of Kansas
- Mock Interview Handbook by CSUCI
- Interview Guidebook by Lebanon Valley College
Resume and cover letter resources
- Writing a Resume and Cover Letter by USC
- Resume Writing Tips by the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Resume and Cover Letter Guide by Harvard University
Job search resources
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..