GM Employee Discount (2022 Guide)
What is the GM employee discount? General Motors (GM) is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Detroit, Michigan that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts worldwide. GM employs over 212,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM's global headquarters is at the Renaissance Center in Detroit.
Does General Motors offer Employee Discount?
Yes, General Motors offers an employee discount program that allows employees to purchase or lease vehicles at 20% below MSRP from participating dealers. This exclusive opportunity is only available to GM employees who are eligible under the program.
While the GM family discount is not as popular and widespread as it was a few years ago, it is still available on many models. For example, almost all GM vehicles such as Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, and others are included in the program. Some new models are excluded from the program; therefore they are not eligible for purchase. To see whether a vehicle is eligible for purchase under this plan, visit the GM employee discount website.
Who is eligible for a GM employee discount?
The following are eligible under the program;
- Their spouse
- Grandparents (including in-law and step)
- Siblings (including full, half, and step)
- Same-sex domestic partners (SSDP) of eligible participants also qualify, where applicable.
How to receive the GM employee discount
- Login to gmfamilyfirst.com and enter your employee credentials.
- Request a discount code using the following steps: Fill in your contact details. Under "Addresses" put their name, address, etc. If you have more than one account on Bing Rewards, please provide the account number (not email). Please do not forget to leave us your first and last names as well as family members' addresses.
- Remember each authorization number is valid for 90 days from the date it was issued.
- Go to your nearest dealership and confirm if they are part of the employee discount program and avail of your offer.
- A documentation fee of $75 will be charged.
- Not all dealers are part of this program as it is voluntary, hence you need to visit the store and ask around to confirm.
Which vehicles are eligible?
GM family members get exclusive benefits, such as purchasing and leasing GM cars, trucks, SUVs, passenger vans, crossovers (two-wheel or four-wheel drive), and another new or unused vehicle for a small fee. Please check gmfamilyfirst.com to see whether a specific model is eligible under the program.
What if I quit General Motors after getting the discount?
If you quit General Motors after getting the employee discount, your discount may be subject to audit. However, since you have already worked for five years, your discount cannot be revoked. Other documents may be demanded during an audit.
What is the General Motors Employee Retirement Plan?
The General Motors Employee Retirement is a long-term saving and investment plan that helps employees save for retirement. The plan offers a variety of investment options and provides employees with a retirement income when they retire.
The GM Employee Retirement is one of the largest defined benefit pension plans in the United States. It is funded by GM and its employees. As of December 31, 2016, the GM Employee Retirement had $71.6 billion in assets and paid benefits to over 437,000 retirees and beneficiaries.
The GM Employee Retirement provides a retirement income for eligible employees when they retire. The amount of the retirement income is based on years of service and salary history. Employees who participate in the GM Employee Retirement also receive a death benefit if they die before retiring. The death benefit is paid to the employee's beneficiaries.
What are the Investment Options in the GM Employee Retirement Plan?
The GM Employee Retirement offers a variety of investment options for employees. Employees can choose to invest their retirement savings in a variety of assets, including stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Employees can also choose to have their retirement savings managed by an investment professional.
How Do I Enroll in the GM Employee Retirement Plan?
Eligible employees can enroll in the GM Employee Retirement by completing an enrollment form and returning it to their employer. Employees who are already participating in the GM Employee Retirement can make changes to their account by contacting their employer or the GM Employee Retirement.
What is the General Motors Employee Time-off Policy?
The General Motors Employee Time-off is a system that provides employees with paid vacation time, generally ranging from 3 weeks to up to 6 weeks, based on length of service. Additionally, there are approximately 16 annual paid holidays, and paid maternity leave (6- or 8-weeks) is also available. This system is in place to help employees balance their work and personal life, and to provide them with some much-needed rest and relaxation time.
The General Motors Employee Discount is a great benefit for eligible employees. It provides employees with the opportunity to purchase or lease a new GM car, truck, SUV, or crossover at a reduced price. Employees who enroll in the GM Employee Retirement also receive a death benefit if they die before retiring. The GM Employee Discount is a great way for employees to save money on their next vehicle purchase.
Compare employee discounts
- Lowe's Employee Discount
- Tesla Employee Discount
- Victoria's Secret Employee Discount
- Nordstrom Employee Discount
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Best Buy Employee Discount
- AT&T Employee Discount
- Sam's Club Employee Discount
- Publix Employee Discount
- Nissan Employee Discount
- GAP Employee Discount
- Menards Employee Discount
- Kroger Employee Discount
- Safeway Employee Discount
- REI Employee Discount
- GM Employee Discount
- Trader Joe's Employee Discount
- Hobby Lobby Employee Discount
- McDonald's Employee Discount
- Aldi Employee Discount
- Urban Outfitters Employee Discount
Our favorite resources are included below.
Job interview resources
- Common Interview Questions by Marquette University
- Prepare for Behavioral Interview Questions by Marquette University
- Preparing for Job Interviews by the University of Kansas
- Mock Interview Handbook by CSUCI
- Interview Guidebook by Lebanon Valley College
Resume and cover letter resources
- Writing a Resume and Cover Letter by USC
- Resume Writing Tips by the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Resume and Cover Letter Guide by Harvard University
Job search resources
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..