How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Sonic? (2022)
How old do you have to be to work at Sonic drive-in restaurants? If you are wondering how old do you have to be to work for Sonic, you have come to the right place. Sonic drive-in is a great place to work.
Learn how to become a Sonic crew member.
How old do you have to be to work at Sonic? (Minimum hiring age)
This company, originally known as Insta Burgers, has locations in more than three hundred and fifty different states.
To work at Sonic, you must be at least 16 years old. In addition, you must be of legal age to consume alcohol without supervision if you're going to serve alcoholic beverages.
Despite the fast-paced environment, Sonic is still known for the casual, laid-back atmosphere. Some employees even work in their cars, serving customers outside. Others are employed through the drive-thru.
To work at a Sonic, you'll need to be able to multitask and work quickly. The company pays employees every two weeks and they get paid on the fifth and twentieth of each month.
Originally, the company was a favorite among people on roller skates, but now, those skates are no longer needed for carhop positions. Instead, Sonic crew members wear various types of skates.
While you may not want to spend money on expensive roller skates, you can work as a carhop, a cashier, or a mascot. The benefits of working at a Sonic are countless.
Can a 14-year-old work at Sonic?
If you're looking to work in the fast-food industry, you might have been wondering if you can work at Sonic. While it's true that Sonic only hires people who are at least fourteen years old, there are other jobs available for teens. Most drive-in restaurants have a minimum age of sixteen, but you can still work at Sonic as a 14-year-old if you meet the other qualifications.
For instance, you can prepare drinks and ice cream treats, or operate a fry station or grill. You'll also be helping out with clean-up duties, such as trash removal, sweeping, and sanitizing food areas.
If you're a teen looking for a job in the fast-food industry, Sonic is a great place to start. Teens are often the youngest employees in fast-food restaurants, and they're often in a great place to get their first job.
There are plenty of opportunities at Sonic for 14-year-olds, and they're among the most popular places for young adults to land jobs.
Can a 15-year-old work at Sonic?
No. Unfortunately, Sonic does not hire 15-year-old workers. If you're looking for a part-time job, Sonic may be a great option. As an employee, you'll be serving customers with enthusiasm and taking orders. You'll pack menu items and check products for quality. You'll also help clean drive-in restaurants.
You need to be at least 16 years old to work at Sonic. For more information, check out Sonic's employment guidelines.
This fast-food chain hires young people and teens for various positions. Job requirements typically include basic math and reading skills, as well as the ability to work in a team. You'll also be paid every two weeks, and most locations pay on the 5th and 20th of the month.
In addition to getting paid every two weeks, Sonic also pays on the first and fifth of the month. You can keep your tips.
Minimum age requirements
You'll need to be at least 16 years old to work at Sonic Drive-In, but the company is willing to train you. You'll be cleaning the drive-in restaurant and counter-tops, and you'll be serving customers. If you're looking for a part-time job at Sonic, be sure to apply online. Sonic's career page includes an application form that you can download and complete.
Can a 16-year-old work at Sonic?
Yes. This popular fast-food franchise is looking for employees under the age of 18 years old. As long as you are able to meet the minimum age and job requirements, you can apply for a job with Sonic. It is a fast-paced job with friendly customers.
In addition, Sonic provides uniforms and dress codes for all employees. However, this may not be the right job for everyone.
For jobs at Sonic Drive-In, you need to be at least sixteen years old. Sonic is a fast-paced company that has many positions open to people younger than 18.
You must have basic reading and math skills as well as an ability to follow directions. Sonic pays every two weeks. Most locations pay on the fifth and twentieth of the month. For those who need a job after graduation, this is not the place to be.
What requirements need to get met in order for a 16-year-old to work at Sonic?
While most states allow 16-year-olds to work at Sonic, it is important to be aware of the minimum age requirements. In many states, you will have to wait one year after graduation to work at a restaurant.
This age requirement is not mandatory if you have a high school diploma or other college degree. If you have any experience working in fast food, you can look into this company. There are a lot of benefits available, so there are many reasons to apply.
Can a 17-year-old work at Sonic?
The fast-food chain specializes in hamburgers, hot dogs, and drinks. It has more than 3,600 locations across the U.S., and is a great place for young people to get their first job.
There are specific requirements for working in the restaurant, however. You must be at least 18 years old in order to be allowed to serve alcohol without supervision. Or at least 16-years-old for other positions.
First, be honest with the interviewer. Explain why you're applying and what you hope to gain from working at Sonic. Be specific and honest, and include your strengths and weaknesses.
The interviewer will be able to better assess your qualifications. It's important to note that you can't work as a manager, but you can work as a greeter or drive-in server.
How old does a Sonic carhop need to be to work at Sonic drive-in?
Carhops must be 16 years old or older to work at Sonic. They must have good communication skills and be willing to cross-train with other employees.
They serve guests efficiently, typically on roller skates.
How much do Sonic employees get paid?
While it's tough to tell from the job descriptions, a salary of $21,680 per year is the average pay at Sonic.
A higher salary at Sonic would make you between 62.1% and 97.4% more than the national average.
Does sonic pay weekly or bi-weekly?
Sonic pays employees bi-weekly. If you want to make more money working at a Sonic, expect to receive your paychecks on the second and third Friday of the month. Employees report receiving their paychecks on Tuesday or Friday, while biweekly employees usually receive their paycheck on the second or third Friday of the month.
How much does a Sonic carhop earn? (Following city minimum wage laws)
On a good day, a Sonic carhop will make between $50 to $70 and on a bad day, around $20 per shift. Carhops can earn as much as $10/hr, $396 per week, and $20,592 per year.
Although the pay is low, many workers discover that their superiors - carhops - are paid more. Some of them even make the move to become carhops.
What is the highest paying job title at Sonic drive-in restaurants?
The average salary at Sonic is $33,455. However, the exact salary depends on your skill level, experience, and location. While salaries at Sonic tend to be low, you can expect to receive a pay raise every six months or once a year, depending on your experience.
The highest paying job title at Sonic is assistant manager, which pays about $17,700 annually. Sonic pays their employees biweekly, so if you work for the company as a carhop, you can expect to receive your paycheck on Fridays after the pay period ends.
What to consider when thinking of applying
Whether you're interested in a front-counter position or a management position, there's a job for you. At Sonic, you can work in the kitchen as a member of the kitchen crew, which is responsible for processing food orders. You can also get a job at the drive-through or at a front counter, where customer service is the focus of your job. Regardless of your job title, you'll enjoy great benefits, competitive pay, and a great working environment.
What is the starting pay at Sonic drive-in?
Starting pay at Sonic is $21,248 a year for carhops and $10 per hour for assistant manager positions. This is 90% below the national average salary. The salary for other positions at Sonic may vary, as well. The salary for these jobs varies according to the job and location.
However, the average salary at Sonic Drive-In is $91,020 per year, depending on experience and location. However, keep in mind that the minimum wage is still the federal minimum wage, which is $7.25.
What does a Sonic crew member do?
You will greet customers with a friendly greeting and promptly prepare their chosen goods and beverages. You will help clean the drive-in restaurants by mopping, sweeping, disposing of garbage, wiping counter-tops, cleaning dishes, and sanitizing food areas.
The most important duty is ensuring that counter-tops are cleaned. And that crew members are washing dishes for the next customers to arrive.
Related Age Requirement Resources
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Amazon? (2022 Guide)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Whole Foods? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at UPS? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Ulta? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Target? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Staples? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Sonic? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Sephora? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Safeway (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Pizza Hut? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Old Navy? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Michaels (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Marshalls (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Little Caesars (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at KFC? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at IHOP? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Hot Topic (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Hollister? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Goodwill? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Domino's? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Dairy Queen? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Cold Stone? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Chipotle? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Baskin Robbins? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Walmart? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Walgreens? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Taco Bell? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Subway? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Starbucks? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Publix? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at PetSmart? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Olive Garden? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at GameStop? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Foot Locker? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at CVS? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Burger King? (2022)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Best Buy? (2022)
- Does Walmart Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does USPS Hire Felons? (2022 Facts)
- Does UPS Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does Subway Drug Test? (2022 Applicants Guide)
- Does Starbucks Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does Lowe's Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does Home Depot Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does Hobby Lobby Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does FedEx Hire Felons? (2022 Facts)
- Does FedEx Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does Dollar General Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does CVS Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does Costco Drug Test? (Employees and Applicants) 
- Does Best Buy Drug Test? (2022 Applicant Guide)
- Does Amazon Hire Felons? (2022 Facts)
- Does Amazon Drug Test? (Corporate, Warehouse, Fulfillment) 
- Does Aldi Drug Test? (2022 Facts)
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
An ice breaker question is a question that’s asked from one person to another person in order to act as a conversation starter. It brings a connection...
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..