Best Paralegal Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A paralegal is a legal professional employed by an attorney's office to perform delegated duties and substantive legal work on behalf of a lawyer or attorney. A paralegal can be found in a law office, corporation, government agency, or other legal entity.
A paralegal is sometimes referred to as legal assistant, litigation paralegal, corporate paralegal, criminal law paralegal, real estate paralegal, immigration paralegal, bankruptcy paralegal, family law paralegal, probate paralegal, and more.
Paralegal Job Description Sample
Our law office and law firm is seeking a legal secretary and experienced paralegal or entry-level paralegal who can assist our legal team with estate planning, family law, corporate law, and more. The paralegal will assist with researching legal articles, preparing legal documents, and assisting with general administrative needs as part of the legal services we provide.
Paralegal Duties and Responsibilities
Paralegal responsibilities and job duties include:
- Prepare and provide legal advice to our clients.
- Assist the legal department with document preparation and organization.
- Assist the corporate legal department with administrative tasks.
- Perform legal research and prepare litigation documents.
- Submit findings and complaints to the state and county.
- Be proactive with our legal department and assist where necessary.
- Be an aspiring paralegal and strive to advance your legal studies.
- Work closely with the senior paralegal and supervising attorney.
- Strive to become a great paralegal through your work.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate's degree in Paralegal Studies.
- Must be a state certified paralegal (a state issued paralegal certificate).
- Must be part of the state paralegal association.
- Previous paralegal experience preferred.
- Previous experience similar to a paralegal position preferred.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a paralegal earns $24.87 per hour, on average. Equalling $51,700 in median annual wages.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesBest Paralegal Cover Letter Sample (+ Free Template Download)
30+ Best Paralegal Interview Questions & Answers
Paralegal Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..