Account Executive Job Description Sample
An Account Executive is a professional who is mostly tasked with client services. They are responsible for serving the needs of either one or many clients. A typical account executive may control the line of business being drawn from a client and serve as a communication pipeline between the needs of the customer and the rest of the team. The account executive is also responsible for calibrating any execution that the internal teams are performing on behalf of the client if they aren't up to specifications.
Table Of Contents
Account Executive Job Description Sample
Account Executives play a very critical role in the customer satisfaction of the company. They help to become a consistent bridge between what the client needs and what the company is producing. A typical account executive may have frequent interaction with a client. They may present information to a client. Perform market research on behalf of a client. As well as perform discovery sessions where they can gather the information required in order for internal teams to perform their tasks.
Account Executive Resume Summary
This is how you might describe your position as an Account Executive in a resume summary, executive summary or professional summary:
5+ years of client services experience. Comfortable presenting work to clients. Ability to translate complex problems into simple ideas. Ability to execute ideas. Self-motivated. Flexible. Empathetic.
Account Executive National Average Salary
National average salary for a Account Executive is provided by The U.S. Department of Labor. National averages are a cumulative total average as seen by a non-specific geographic mean average. That means this is the average salary that you might expect to have (regardless of geographic region) when entering into this job function.
National average salary: $36,000 - $89,000
Account Executive Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with internal teams in order to drive client satisfaction
- Has frequent communication with clients to ensure their needs are being met
- Records the needs of the client and ensures they are being met in a timely fashion
- Performs information gathering sessions with a client so that they can translate requirements as well as sprints or deliveries that need to be made
- Becomes the point of contact for both the client as well as internal teams
- Works closely with the sales leadership team as well as the Chief Operating Officer
- Works closely with all team leaders to ensure work is being performed efficiently and accurately
Account Executive Skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Analytical skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Empathy skills
Account Executive Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Engineering, Design
- Ability to generate reporting and perform market research
- Ability to generate presentations for clients
- Demonstrates keen communication skills and relationship building skills
- Drives excellence in the workplace at all costs
- Extensive attention to detail to ensure all needs are being met
- Sacrifices weekends to serve customer happiness
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesAccount Executive Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..