Best Flight Attendant Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A flight attendant is an in-flight professional who ensures the safety and comfort of passengers. The flight attendant is sometimes referred to as a steward, stewardess, air host, or air hostess. They are professionals who are part of a commercial flight aircrew. Collectively, the cabin crew ensures passengers are familiar with using their seatbelts, the placement of emergency exits, and ensuring customers are served a meal or drink during their airline flight.
A flight attendant is sometimes referred to as a cabin attendant or corporate flight attendant.
Flight Attendant Job Description Sample
Our airline service is seeking a friendly flight attendant who can ensure the safety, comfort, and general customer experience of each passenger during our flights. The flight attendant will ensure a safe takeoff and landing by following safety procedures and safety checks of the cabin and flight deck. Each flight attendant will perform safety demonstrations to the passengers, informing them of the emergency procedures and emergency exits in the event of an emergency.
Flight Attendant Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and flight attendant responsibilities include:
- Greet passengers as they board the aircraft.
- Walk passengers through the safety standards of the aircraft, what to do in the event of an emergency situation, and inform passengers on how to properly use the emergency equipment.
- Secure the cabin by ensuring that the flight crew is onboard, safety checks are performed, each passenger has their seat belt fastened, and the flight deck is clear for takeoff.
- Perform the safety equipment demonstration before every flight. This includes the use of the oxygen mask in the event of an emergency and the general emergency procedures.
- Ensure airline passengers are comfortable by responding to their requests for pillows, headphones, water, and other necessities.
- Assist passengers with their luggage and answer questions during international flights.
- Deal with unruly passengers in a safe, secure manner.
- Coordinate meal service, safety procedures, and other in-flight services with the senior flight attendant.
Flight Attendant Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completed new flight attendant training.
- Ability to complete a safety demonstration at the beginning of each flight by memorizing the safety standards and procedures from initial training.
- Ability to work “flight hours” which includes 24 hours or more shifts.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesFlight Attendant Resume Example
Flight Attendant Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..