Busser Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A Busser is someone who helps to ensure that a dining area and eating establishment runs in optimal hygienic condition. They help to ensure that dishes are washed, tables are cleaned and kitchen needs are met. If it were not for a busser a dining experience would be nearly impossible. They play an integral role in the experience for customers.
Table Of Contents
Busser Job Description Sample
A busser is someone who works at a restaurant and ensures food safety and cleanliness of eating areas. Bussers ensure a friendly and happy dining experience for customers of the establishment. The day-to-day tasks of the busser may include cleaning of tables, washing of dishes, managing the kitchen hygiene and ensuring that guests have everything that they need to enjoy their experience.
Busser Resume Summary
This is how you might describe your position as a Busser in a resume summary, executive summary or professional summary:
2+ years in hospitality. Attention to detail. Empathy for the customer. Willing to go above and beyond for customer service. No job is too small.
Busser National Average Salary
National average salary for a Busser is provided by The U.S. Department of Labor. National averages are a cumulative total average as seen by a non-specific geographic mean average. That means this is the average salary that you might expect to have (regardless of geographic region) when entering into this job function.
National average salary: $6.40/hr - $11.85/hr
Busser Duties & Responsibilities
- Reset tables and ensure that the dining area is clean
- Ensure that when guests are finished with their dining experience that plates and silverware is removed
- Maintain all of the service stations for guests and staff
- Help to perform all opening and closing of the dining establishment
- Keep a clean and professional experience at all times for guests
- Setup the dining area and break down the dining area on a daily basis
- Verbal communication skills
- Instruction following skills
- Self-motivation skills
- Empathy skills
- Attention to detail skills
- Organizational skills
- Previous experience in hospitality preferred
- Previous point of sale experience preferred
- Previous experience as a Busser preferred
- Ability to work on a variable schedule with flexible hours
- Ability to work with your hands and lift objects 50 pounds or more
- Ability to communicate clearly with other staff and customers
- Ability to stand for long periods of hours
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..