Best Busser Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A busser is a professional who works in the hospitality industry helping to clear tables. The busser assists with taking dirty dishes to the kitchen, preparing table settings and silverware, and assisting the other wait staff with their responsibilities.
A busser is sometimes referred to as a busboy or busgirl and server assistant.
Busser Job Description Sample
Our restaurant is seeking a busser to help ensure our guests have an optimal dining experience by ensuring that their table setting and area is clean and ready for dining service. The busser will oversee the service station within the restaurant and work closely with the waitstaff and hostess to oversee the guest tables and prepare them for dining.
Busser Job Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and busser responsibilities:
- Clear tables after patrons and guests have departed from their seats. And replace all silverware and utensils for the following guests. Perform a table reset.
- Ensure dishes are being brought to the kitchen after food service has been completed.
- Oversee the dining room and look for opportunities to provide an optimal dining experience.
- Ensure each guest has a clean table before they are seated.
- Assist waitstaff and food runner with other duties as assigned.
- Greet guests and diners as they enter the dining room. Answer customer service questions.
- Ensure all glassware is clean and replaced on each table along with a fresh napkin and other needs.
- Assist the dishwasher with their duties. And ensure each dish is clean before it is placed on a table.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness of the dining area.
- Ensure each guest has a beverage and refill their water glass.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Previous work experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Previous work experience in the busser position is a plus.
Busser Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..