Program Manager Job Description Sample
A program manager is someone who manages multiple projects within an organization. Similar to the project manager role, a program manager is someone who ensures multiple project managers are on the same track. They can be found within IT (Information Technology) companies, non-profit organizations, healthcare organizations, marketing organizations, government organizations, clinical settings, academic settings, and software engineering settings.
Table of Contents
- Program Manager Job Description Sample
- Program Manager Salary
- Program Manager Job Description For Resume
- Program Manager Skills
- Program Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Program Manager Requirements
Program Manager Job Description Sample
We are seeking a passionate and driven program manager to help us ensure that our programs and activities are on the right pace and along the right path. Our program managers act as strategic consultants who help multiple managers within the organization. They demonstrate keen abilities to manage budgets, ensure long term goals are on track and ensure execution is efficient and effective. They are knowledgeable about managing P&L's and can help be conducive to a collaborative environment.
Program Manager Salary
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Program Manager position in the U.S. was $114,600 annually.
Program Manager Job Description For Resume
5+ years a previous program manager. Handled the assessment of up to 5 P&L's with a total of $25M in annual revenues. Cross-functional leadership skills that allow for fast problem-solving and alignment of company initiatives when they're off-track to our quarterly and annual goals.
Program Manager Skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analysis skills
- Listening skills
- Motivational skills
- Leadership skills
- Self-start skills
- Entrepreneurship skills
Program Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary interface between our customers, account managers and all active executive initiatives.
- Be a conducive cross-functional team leader to help review, assess, strategize and plan out work in accordance to long-term company goals.
- Prepare reports that summarized program status and be able to review these with multiple teams and executive team members.
- Plan and conduct program reviews.
- Track actual costs against any planned or projected costs in our production pipeline.
- Plan business activities such as cost analysis, price negotiation, reviewing of quotes and capacity planning.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to ensure that our delivery as a company is comparable to what the customer was expecting. And package insights for learning.
Program Manager Requirements
- PMP certification (Software Engineering) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or Communications.
- 25% travel time may be required.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to demonstrate leadership under pressure.
- Be able to work independently and be judged based on outcomes vs. project completions.
- Strong problem-solving skills to respond to feedback in real-time.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesProgram Manager Resume Example
Program Manager Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..