Inside Sales Job Description Sample
An inside sales representative is a sales professional. He or she is tasked with prospecting, opening and closing sales. They are professionals who need to have a keen understanding of the products and services that business offers. And need to have a firm sensibility of people skills in order to discover a sales path that leads to fruitful results.
Table of Contents
- Inside Sales Job Description Sample
- Inside Sales Salary
- Inside Sales Job Description For Resume
- Inside Sales Skills
- Inside Sales Duties & Responsibilities
- Inside Sales Requirements
Inside Sales Job Description Sample
We are seeking an inside sales representative to join our team of sellers. As an inside seller, your job will be to work with our sales team to identify new prospects that you can groom, reach out to, maintain and ultimately close. You will need to have a firm grasp of our products and services. As well as our existing sales strategy. You will work to develop key relationships that lead to sales.
Inside Sales Salary
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for an Inside Sales position in the U.S. was $43,800 annually on average.
Inside Sales Job Description For Resume
3+ years in prior selling experience. Ability to manage a geographical territory or industry vertical. Ability to get deeply engrained in our target customers' business. Willing to travel. Closed roughly $5M in net sales in 2018 at prior company.
Inside Sales Skills
- Social skills
- Sales skills
- Influence skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Verbal communication skills
Inside Sales Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a particular sales geography that is focused on specific accounts.
- Work as part of a sales team dedicated to specific types of accounts.
- Sell in a consultant type of way. This means detailing products, determining customer needs and requirements. Then finding correlation's with what we offer as a company.
- Build and sustain relationships with new or existing customers that can help lead to satisfactory results.
- Be able to provide quotes and presentations that answer customer needs.
- Be able to pull, create, and present sales reports on a regular basis.
- Be able to contribute to your broader sales team, manage a CRM and strategize ways to improve.
Inside Sales Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications or Marketing preferred.
- Some sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of building business relations.
- Ability to work in difficult situations and handle conflicting interactions.
- Ability to find opportunity where others don't see it.
- Ability to work independently if needed.
- Willingness to travel to customer locations if required.
What is inside sales?
An inside sales representative is still a sales representative. Their goal is to have a keen knowledge of the product and service that the team or that professional is selling. They are tasked with tracking down new prospects, aligning the interests of what the product/service can offer and moving the sale from start to finish. The reason the title is called "inside sales" is because it is often about finding a way into an organization that the company desires to sell to and finding alignment where it can be made. In this sense, an inside sales representative acts almost as a consultant to the business that they are selling to.
What are some other titles for inside sales?
While some of these have various titles, the role of "inside sales" is mostly the same. You may see jobs listed as some of the following:
- Inside Sales Representative
- Inside Sales Manager
- Inside Sales Associate
- Inside Sales Agent
- Account Executive, Inside Sales
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..