Architect Job Description Sample
An architect is someone who helps design, build and construct buildings. They are familiar with the design and development of large structures. They are familiar with building codes, architectural schemas, and safety requirements. They are professionals who help design these structures from start to finish. Meaning, architects could sometimes find themselves coordinating construction and performing project management duties along with their design work.
Table of Contents
- Architect Job Description Sample
- Architect Salary
- Architect Job Description For Resume
- Architect Skills
- Architect Duties & Responsibilities
- Architect Requirements
Architect Job Description Sample
We are looking for an architect to join our firm. Architects perform one of the most important roles at our firm. They are part of the design process of all building and structural projects. As well as on the front-lines when it relates to the presentation of our designs to clients and then once approved, the construction of these structures. Great architects demonstrate the ability to bring a project to life, from start to finish. That includes working with clients to approve designs to working with city officials to ensure structures construction is accurate, safe and will be delivered on time.
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for an Architect position in the U.S. was $63,000 annually on average.
Architect Job Description For Resume
5+ years in a previous architecture firm. I was able to complete three 50,000 sq ft projects within my tenure there. I was able to work with $15M+ budgets and deliver on a timely basis. Understand state and local building requirements fluently.
- Presentation skills
- Mathematical skills
- Geometry skills
- Computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Coordination skills
- Planning skills
Architect Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of design concepts from both an interior design perspective and a building construction perspective.
- Be able to document code review and compliance for all designs.
- Be able to perform project visits with city officials and construction foremen.
- Ensure accurate preparation of project construction documents and communication with consultants who are part of the construction team.
- Review blueprints, CAD and all drawings related to architectural projects that are in progress.
- Be able to present designs to clients and field their feedback.
- Ability to work well under pressure, especially with multiple projects active.
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Architecture required.
- 5+ years in professional architecture firm setting preferred.
- Must have professional architectural license.
- Must have a valid state drivers license, be able to clear a background check and basic drug test.
- Ability to work with AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp and other 3D Modeling tools.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate.
- Keen ability to show clients our work and push the boundaries of world-class service.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesArchitect Resume Example
Data Architect Interview Questions & Answers
Software Architect Job Description
Data Architect Job Description
Enterprise Architect Job Description
Architect Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..