Paraprofessional Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A paraprofessional is someone who can be found within the education system. They are there to support the instruction of students. They can provide any number of assistive elements to the education system. For example, they could act as a teachers aide. Or as a special education assistant. Or even as an early childhood development assistant. You'll find paraprofessionals within daycares, preschools, elementary schools, and education centers of all kinds. They primarily work alongside teachers, therapists and other school administrators.
Table Of Contents
Paraprofessional Job Description Sample
We are seeking a passionate paraprofessional who can help us with regular classroom activities. Our paraprofessionals will design IEP's based on student and faculty feedback, then implement education programs that fit in accordance with a student's needs. Great paraprofessionals have a passion for education and feel all students unique abilities are an opportunity for learning.
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for an Paraprofessional position in the U.S. was $12.45/hr on average.
Paraprofessional Job Description For Resume
5+ years in prior teachers aide position. Able to work with students with learning disabilities. Understand how to plan out IEP's that correlate to specific student needs. Comfortable in all grade levels.
- Listening skills
- Planning skills
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Math, reading, writing skills
- Education skills
- Influence skills
Paraprofessional Duties & Responsibilities
- Be able to help plan and pare all classroom materials or individual education materials.
- Be able to assist in the development of IEP's (Individual Education Plans).
- Assist students with regular classroom functions and activities.
- Assist students who need help with personal care such as hygiene, meals and snacks.
- Work alongside the main teacher or director as part of the schools planned education programs.
- Understand how to implement behavior intervention policies when you feel it is necessary.
- Accommodate student needs when asked and in general, perform a high quality service to students.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior experience working in education required.
- Valid state drivers license, able to pass a background check as well as basic drug test.
- Must know how to work basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Must have a keen ability to help influence students in the right direction.
- Must show a great deal of patience for those who are disabled.
- Must be able to have flexible working hours during the school year.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..