Best Paraprofessional Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A paraprofessional is a professional educator. Their duties are to support the general instruction of students. They assist with a number of clerical tasks and administrative tasks similar to a teacher’s aide or teacher assistant. This support provides individualized attention to special needs children or students in a school.
A paraprofessional is sometimes referred to as a paraeducator, educational paraprofessional, and paraprofessional for special education.
Paraprofessional Job Description Sample
Our school is seeking an experienced paraprofessional to assist our lead teacher as a teaching assistant. The paraprofessional will join us at the beginning of the school year and follow our school district guidelines, policies, and requirements for student education. The paraprofessional will assist students and faculty. Primarily assisting students with their coursework and faculty with arrangements of classroom activities and classroom management. Previous experience with special needs students is a plus.
Paraprofessional Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and paraprofessional responsibilities:
- Provide instructional support to students, children with disabilities, and other special needs individuals.
- Assist with classroom management. This includes the development of lesson plans, field trips, and other professional development activities.
- Assist each child with their own educational activities and coursework.
- Assess individual students for their disability and work closely with them to improve their overall experience in the classroom.
- Take direction from the lead teacher, provide direct supervision to students in the event the teacher is unavailable, and continue on the coursework and lesson plans.
- Assist with any additional duties assigned by the lead teacher.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Applied Science in Paraprofessional Associate’s Degree is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field is a plus.
- Previous experience as a teacher’s aide, teacher’s assistant is preferred.
- Previous experience working alongside a classroom teacher, lead teacher, and assisting with essential functions in a classroom is preferred.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of students and their activities.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesParaprofessional Cover Letter Sample
Paraprofessional Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..