Computer Technician Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A computer technician is a professional who works in the IT department or works independently. They are professionals who have a firm knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems and hardware. They are able to resolve both software and hardware problems. They primarily are found working independently (Geek Squad) these days. Helping to resolve technical challenges that a customer is facing with their computer.
Table Of Contents
Computer Technician Job Description Sample
We are seeking a professional computer technician to help join our team of experts. Computer technicians play a critical role in helping to resolve regular and irregular computer problems. From software to malware and from hardware to hard drives. We see all sorts of problems and need a great computer technician to be able to join our team of geeks!
Computer Technician Salary
The national average salary is provided by The Bureau of Labor, which is a division of the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2018, the median pay for a Computer Technician position in the U.S. was $15.60/hr on average.
Computer Technician Job Description For Resume
5+ years in a computer repair setting. Knowledgeable about all types of machines and hardware. GSX, ACMT, CIT certified.
Computer Technician Skills
- Computer skills
- Technical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Computational skills
- Planning skills
- Learning skills
- People skills
Computer Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- Be about to troubleshoot a variety of computer equipment and maintain the ability to diagnose a verity of computer related issues.
- Perform device repair as well as software repair for the machines that are brought into the building.
- Interact with customers to help understand what their issues are.
- Be able to treat both Mac and PC computers.
- Have a firm knowledge of how to repair a Windows operating system dating back to Windows 95.
- Help customers with hard drive repair and recovery if needed.
- Ensure that all customer complaints with their computers are handled in an appropriate amount of time.
Computer Technician Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a CompTIA A+ certification.
- 2+ years working in a computer repair environment preferred.
- Experience knowing how to troubleshoot both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Have keen customer service skills so that you can help customers with their issues.
- Self-motivational skills is a strong plus.
- Apple certifications is a strong plus (GSX, ACMT, ACIT).
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..