Call Center Job Description Sample
Call Center workers are knowledgeable of a company's procedures, products, and services. They use this information to assist callers with questions, problems, and complaints. It's their responsibility to speak with customers, gain a better understanding of their needs by listening intently and offer potential solutions. Call center representatives also work to assist callers who have questions regarding the services or products of a company. They use a set of communication scripts during every inbound and outbound call. That way, they can sell products or services to customers. These scripts also assist them with providing knowledge of or answering questions about the company's policies and practices.
Table of Contents
- Call Center Job Description Sample
- Call Center Salary
- Call Center Job Description For Resume
- Call Center Skills
- Call Center Duties & Responsibilities
- Call Center Requirements
Call Center Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Call Center job description:
We're looking for a call center representative to act as a liaison between our organization and its potential and current customer base. Successful candidates can accept ownership by effectively solving customer complaints, inquiries, and issues. They'll achieve these goals by ensuring customer satisfaction remains the core of all behaviors and decisions.
Call Center Salary
The average wage for a call center representative is provided by The Bureau of Labor and Statistics. That's a division of the U.S. Department of Labor, which has the statistics for this job as of 2018. The wage nationally for a call center representative is $55,310.00. That translates to $26.59 per hour.
Call Center Job Description For Resume
A Call Center position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Friendly call center representative with 10+ years of experience. Seeking to use a proven track record in communication and problem solving to provide expert service to your customers. I maintained a 98% track record for customer satisfaction with my previous employer. I also learned all products with 99% accuracy following one week of training.
Call Center Skills
The list of skills is where you include information about the candidate's previous work experience you prefer, as well as any technical skills you desire. Make sure you're providing enough detail in this section to ensure it's clear. However, if this section is too long, potential call center representative candidates may feel too intimidated to apply.
- Can multi-task, manage time effectively, and set priorities.
- Can adapt to different personalities while keeping the customer the focus.
- Familiar with CRM practices and systems.
- Previous experience working in customer support.
- Strong verbal and phone communication skills.
Call Center Duties & Responsibilities
Every list of call center representative duties and responsibilities should be comprehensive, but not too long. Use this section for outlining the primary functions of the call center worker, as well as how these roles are significant to your company.
Here’s an example of a Call Center’s duties and responsibilities:
- Management of a significant amount of inbound and outbound calls effectively and timely.
- Can handle different topics by following communication scripts.
- Will clarify information, identify customers' needs, research all issues, and provide alternatives or solutions.
- Will seize upsell opportunities each time they arise.
- Goes the extra mile to engage customers and build sustainable relationships.
- Uses call center database to keep records of all conversations.
- Improves performance level and knowledge by attending educational seminars.
- Meets team and personal quantitative and qualitative targets.
Call Center Requirements
This section is similar to your list of qualifications and skills, but you're further defining it with educational requirements and other background information. Use this section for diving into what specific requirements call center representatives should have when working for your company.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Can diffuse tense situations.
- Comfortable asking prying questions.
- Has strong accountability and adaptability record.
- Proficiency with computers and strong typing skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Additional Call Center Resources
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesCall Center Agent Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..