Financial Advisor Job Description Sample
Working as a Financial Advisor means you'll be providing financial planning and support to clients to help them achieve their goals. A Financial Advisor works to assist clients regarding the maintenance of their current portfolios and assets. They also assist clients with obtaining additional assets as the client sees fit or desires. Each of these recommendations must be done with adherence to best practices, ethics, and financial plans that are pre-established.
Table of Contents
- Financial Advisor Job Description Sample
- Financial Advisor Salary
- Financial Advisor Job Description For Resume
- Financial Advisor Skills
- Financial Advisor Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial Advisor Requirements
Financial Advisor Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Financial Advisor job description:
We're seeking a qualified financial advisor to work as an intermediary between our customers and our company. It will be your responsibility to provide each of our clients with the best financial guidance. You'll also be responsible for making recommendations for how they can utilize their money in the best way. Ideal candidates can perform market research regarding available products and services, identify the client's needs, design strategies, and close the deal.
Financial Advisor Salary
According to data collected from U.S. News & World Report, the average median pay for financial advisors in the nation is $90,640.00 as of 2017. The top 25% working that year made $165,680.00, while the bottom 25% earned $57,380.00.
Financial Advisor Job Description For Resume
A Financial Advisor position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
I'm an experienced financial advisor who has successfully managed financial projects from creation to completion. I excel at collaborating with team members of all levels. My objective is to meet and exceed all organizational goals. I can work well in a highly-competitive environment where leadership is imperative for success.
Financial Advisor Skills
- Is knowledgeable of insurance industries, mutual funds, and securities.
- Can assess a client's overall financial picture and determine their needs when creating a structured financial plan.
- Can guide clients toward a secure and profitable financial decision.
- Will cultivate a client base whereby the financial advisor is building win-win relationships.
- Meets sales quotas by generating leads, networking, and grabbing opportunities to sell stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other products.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and backs up financial consulting with market research.
- Knows how to ensure profitability by overseeing the course of a financial plan and make updates.
Financial Advisor Duties & Responsibilities
Here’s an example of a Financial Advisor’s duties and responsibilities:
- Speaks to clients to determine the financial objectives, income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, risk tolerance, and any other additional information necessary to create a financial plan.
- Answers questions from clients regarding financial strategies and plans and gives financial advice.
- Advises on strategies to clients about cash management, investment planning, and other areas to assist them with reaching their financial goals.
- Reviews client plans and accounts regularly to determine if economic or life changes, financial performance, or situational concerns necessitate plan changes.
- Analyzes financial data they receive from clients to create strategies for meeting financial goals.
- Prepares or interprets investment performance reports, financial document summaries, and income projects upon request for clients.
- Implements financial plans or refers clients to professionals who can be of assistance.
- Manages and updates portfolios.
- Contacts clients to determine changes in their status.
- Builds and maintains the client database.
Financial Advisor Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or a related field.
- Has at least up to two years of sales experience.
- Must possess current 63 Securities and FINRA Series 7 Registration.
- Must have health and life licensing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Have experience in providing high-quality financial advising.
- Acts as the liaison with valuers, solicitors, providers, and other professionals.
- Works in compliance with all industry regulations and rules.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Financial Advisor Interview Questions & Answers
Financial Advisor Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..