Best Stocker Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A stocker is a retail store professional who is responsible for ensuring stocked merchandise is on store shelves and displays. The stocker pulls inventory from the warehouse or storage room and places the product on the sales floor for purchase. A stocker may be responsible for removing the shipping material from the product packaging and setting the product up for display.
A stocker may sometimes be referred to as an overnight stocker, night stocker, or grocery stocker.
Stocker Job Description Sample
Our retail location and department store is searching for a stocker or stock clerk to assist with our merchandise. The stocker will stock shelves with missing or new merchandise from the storage room, stockroom, or warehouse. Prepare products for display on the sales floor. And use handheld tracking scanners to mark products as being on the sales floor for inventory tracking purposes.
Stocker Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and stocker responsibilities include:
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times when on the sales floor.
- Ensure sales floor merchandise is stocked and ready for display on the sales floor.
- Use a pallet jack to assist with grabbing merchandise from the stockroom.
- Work closely with a sales representative and cashier to assist with stock or merchandise requests from customers.
- Be a multidisciplinary team member and assist each employee with their stock and merchandise requests.
- Oversee the grocery store and ensure that each item is faced on the shelves.
- Perform essential duties of stocking shelves.
- Perform all essential functions of stocking merchandise, ensuring each product or item is working properly and ready for purchase.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous stocker experience or a similar position is a plus.
- Previous experience as an order filler is a plus.
- Previous warehouse experience is a plus.
- Ability to lift heavy items (25 pounds or more).
- Ability to practice great customer service skills.
According to Salary.com, a stocker earns $27,229 per year, on average. With the top percentile of workers earning $32,625 per year, on average. And entry-level workers earning $21,130 per year, on average.
Stocker Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..