Store Manager Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
Those who work as store managers are responsible for ensuring a store runs effectively and smoothly while they're overseeing its daily operations. Their duties include creating business strategies, motivating sales teams, developing promotional material, and providing training to new staff members. It isn't uncommon to see other job descriptions referring to these careerists as store supervisors.
Table Of Contents
Store Manager Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Store Manager job description:
Our store is in search of a customer service-oriented and professional store manager for overseeing the daily operations at our location. While working in this role, it will be your responsibility to supervise the organizational and operational standards of the store. Your duties will include developing business strategies, undertaking administrative tasks, and monitoring inventory levels. Successful candidates can meet monthly sales goals and work toward improving customer satisfaction. You'll also be superb regarding communication and have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
Store Manager Salary
Statistics gathered here are for the national average salary for a store manager from PayScale as of 2019. According to this data, a store manager is currently earning an annual income of $47,737. That translates to store managers making $14.95 per hour, on average. If you're looking for an entry-level position as a store manager, expect to see earnings of $39,000.00 annually. Those who have worked for twenty years or longer are reporting, on average, earnings of $55,000.00 or more.
Store Manager Job Description For Resume
A Store Manager position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Top-performing store manager with over ten years of experience and an outstanding track record of success working in diverse environments. I'm self-motivated, driven, and client-focused, who has a proven track record of handling retail store operations and exceeding sales targets by employing negotiation and presentation skills. I'm trustworthy and have strong interpersonal skills aimed at managing employees and assets.
Store Manager Skills
No matter what store the manager is going to run, the skills are transferable. While they won’t need to know about food safety in a music store, they will need to know about leadership and how to handle customer inquiries.
- Impeccable customer service skills.
- High level of patience.
- Must remain calm during stressful situations.
- Can collaborate with and work well with a team.
- Has excellent leadership skills.
- Enjoys working with others, as well as independently.
- Exhibits understanding and sensitivity.
- Can successfully sell services and products.
- Capable of using computers and the store's software systems.
Store Manager Duties & Responsibilities
Every store has a differing objective regarding duties and responsibilities because, while one store might be selling food, another might specialize in books or fashion. Therefore, this section will have some similarities and differences depending on the store.
- Delivering superior customer service to ensure the store receives excellent customer satisfaction.
- Motivates the sales team regarding meeting sales objectives through training and staff mentoring.
- Creating business strategies for attracting new customers, enhancing profitability, and expanding the store's traffic.
- Hires, trains, and oversees the new team.
- Responds to customer concerns and complaints professionally.
- Ensures the store complies with safety and health regulations.
- Arranges and develops in-store displays and promotional material.
- Prepares detailed reports regarding customer requirements, buying trends, and profits.
- Undertakes store administrative duties including updating financial records and managing store budgets.
- Orders new items and monitors inventory items.
Store Manager Requirements
Use this section to create specific details highlighting your store’s management requirements regarding previous experience, background, and education.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelors in Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of three years' experience holding a retail position, ideally as a manager.
- Strong customer management and leadership abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of business management practices.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..