Best Treasurer Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A treasurer is a professional responsible for the cash and liquidity management, risk management, and general corporate finance of an organization. The treasurer oversees all aspects of financial management within the organization. This includes funding, fundraising, sales, and more.
A treasurer may have various titles such as corporate treasurer, church treasurer, and school treasurer.
Treasurer Job Description Sample
Our accounting team is seeking an experienced treasurer to assist with the organization’s finances. The treasurer will oversee the activity of the accounting team and play the role of the corporate treasury. This includes attending board meetings, overseeing all financial records and transactions, and keeping a close eye on cash management within the business.
Treasurer Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and treasurer responsibilities include:
- Generate the organization’s annual financial report for board members and others invested in the financial affairs of the business.
- Handle general financial reporting and take the responsibility of overseeing the financial activity of the business.
- Assist with budgeting, setting an annual budget, quarterly budget, and other financial activities with the chief financial officer.
- Attend each board meeting and provide a report on the company's financial status. This includes a bank account statement, revenue, and other activities.
- Oversee the company's financial bylaws.
- Assist with investment management, financial policy, investment activity, and other financial affairs.
- Work closely with an assistant treasurer and financial secretary to oversee cash management, financial statements, general cash flow, and other accounting functions in the business.
- Oversee the funds within the business. This includes investments, financial planning, and other strategic investment decisions with the accounting team.
- Oversee annual and quarterly dues of the business.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Corporate Finance is preferred.
- Previous experience working with an executive board.
- Previous accounting experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in a treasurer position is a plus.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..