Resident Assistant Job Description Sample
A resident assistant is a professional who is oftentimes a student themselves, working within college dormitories. They act as advisors, guidance counselors, safety advisors and attend to general student needs. They may be approached by students for advice on college facilities or activities. And sometimes they are approached for guidance regarding the dormitory themselves. But Resident Assistants can also be found in nursing homes and other care communities.
Table Of Contents
Resident Assistant Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Resident Assistant job description:
We are searching for a passionate Resident Assistant who can help play a pivotal role in the quality of the community we employ. Our communities are important to us, whether it be a nursing home or college. A Resident Assistant plays a key role in the assistance of miscellaneous needs that our community has. From advising on activities. To ensuring the safety of the community members. This multidisciplinary role is similar to being the mayor of our community.
Resident Assistant Salary
A Resident Advisor, according to PayScale, earns roughly $10.40 per hour. They are usually paid on an annual salary basis, which may be between $18,100 to $31,200 per year. They are staffed on behalf of the college or university, some of these proceeds may go towards their tuition.
Resident Assistant Job Description For Resume
A Resident Assistant position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
5 years of experience in a previous health care community living space. Played a pivotal role in the development of the community, activities, lifestyle and general health of the members. Considered myself an ambassador to their happiness and health.
Resident Assistant Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- People skills
- Advisory skills
- Planning skills
- Social skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Educational skills
- Guidance skills
Resident Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Resident Assistant for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Provide assistance to the community on daily living activities.
- Provide assistance on instrumental activities to quality of life and regular living.
- Recognize and respond to all residents changes in behavior, cognitive needs, physical needs, etc.
- Be available to provide emergency services if needed, such as CPR.
- Provide guidance on all regular activities and drive a great living experience.
- Collaborate with other team members to help ensure that the best care is being given to the community.
- Listen and respond to community needs on a regular basis, pay close attention to the needs of members.
Resident Assistant Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Some college a plus. High school diploma or GED required.
- CPR certified is a plus.
- Healthcare community or college community experience is a plus.
- Be able to lift and move up to 25 pound boxes.
- Be able to stand on your feet for extended periods of time if required.
- Be available to respond to needs quickly, being nearby the community at all times.
- Experience with emergency response is a plug.
Resident Assistant Resources
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesResident Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..