Marketing Assistant Job Description Sample
A marketing assistant is a professional who may work alongside a marketing associate or marketing leader to assist with all marketing campaigns. A marketing assistant is primarily focused on the administrative duties that are part of all marketing campaigns the business or external clients are currently spending money on.
Table Of Contents
Marketing Assistant Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Marketing Assistant job description:
We are searching for a passionate marketing professional who can serve as a marketing assistant. The marketing assistant plays a key role in the success of all of our campaigns. They are focused on driving success and recording all results so that the company can make better decisions on a weekly, monthly and annual basis. You will report directly to our marketing associates and VP of Marketing.
Marketing Assistant Salary
According to PayScale, a marketing assistant on average earns about $15.20 per hour. In terms of the annual average salary ranges, you may expect somewhere in the $25,300 to $48,300 range. This depends on your abilities, previous experience, and your previous employment history and pay.
Marketing Assistant Job Description For Resume
A Marketing Assistant position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
5+ years in a previous marketing position. Comfortable with all forms of marketing including SEO, PPC, Social Media, and Paid Media. Particularly skilled at being able to trace back attribution for successful campaigns. Comfortable running brand awareness campaigns as well as performance campaigns.
Marketing Assistant Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Marketing skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Computer skills
- Google analytics skills
- CRM skills
Marketing Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Marketing Assistant for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Assist our marketing managers, marketing associates and marketing leaders with all marketing plans and marketing collateral.
- Coordinate with outside vendor relationships and ensure all third-party marketing tools are performing properly.
- Analyze data from a variety of digital platforms and turn that data into insights.
- Assist with a variety of market research and project research.
- Keep organized records of all marketing metrics and attribution that may play a critical role in the success of our work.
- Maintain ongoing two-way communication and promote professionalism within the workforce.
- Train new employees on all marketing collateral and marketing campaigns that are active.
- Assist with market analysis reports and annual recording to ensure our teams are on the right track.
Marketing Assistant Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years in a previous marketing position is preferred.
- Knowledge of all types of marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of a variety of online platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Suite products such as Word, Excel and more.
- Must be able to work long hours if requested.
- Must be able to present work in a digital slide-by-slide presentation format.
- Keen ability to stay on top of market trends is a strong plus.
Using This Marketing Assistant Job Description Template
In order to use your new marketing assistant job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Marketing Assistant Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..