Visual Designer Job Description Sample
A Visual Designer is someone who is part of the product, engineering, and sometimes marketing team. Their primary role is to help with the visual polish of all digital products. They work alongside UX Designer, UI Designers, and other product professionals. The objective of a Visual Designer is to be a key supporting player in the creative output on behalf of engineering teams.
Table Of Contents
Visual Designer Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Visual Designer job description:
We are seeking a passionate and talented visual designer who can help us ensure that our products shine at their brightest. Visual designers work in the engineering department and play a key creative role. They are there to help our UX teams, design teams and Product teams create the most beautiful interfaces and applications.
Visual Designer Salary
According to PayScale, the average visual designer could expect to earn somewhere in the $66,000 annual salary range. Those with a tremendous amount of experience might be able to earn upwards of $130,000 per year. Though, this is dependent on their talents, their previous experience and overall track record.
Visual Designer Job Description For Resume
A Visual Designer position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
5+ years in a previous junior visual design role. Comfortable with all forms of UI. Mobile applications, web applications, desktop applications and more. Familiar with Android UI as well.
Visual Designer Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Verbal communication skills
- Creative skills
- Computer skills
- Graphic design skills
- Drawing skills
- Wireframing skills
- User flow skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
Visual Designer Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Visual Designer for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Work closely with our engineering and product team to identify visual design improvements that can be made.
- Perform regular testing of our products and ensure that visual designs are functional.
- Continuously improve the usability of our products over time using visual design and the UX team.
- Be an internal consultant and work with a variety of teams to help address and deliver on their creative needs.
- Pay close attention to all of our products, including mobile applications, to ensure they are being updated frequently.
- Be a key player in the visual improvements of all of our brand assets and digital assets.
- Propose regular updates to existing designs with our VP of Product and other Product team members.
Visual Designer Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Graphic Design a plus.
- Previous experience in a digital setting, designing interfaces or other applications.
- Familiarity with scrum, agile development a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite products and Sketch.
- Ability to perform user testing and user research.
- Ability to design user flows and interfaces that will surprise our customers.
Using This Visual Designer Job Description Template
In order to use your new visual designer job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..