Maintenance Job Description Sample
A maintenance technician, often referred to as a maintenance worker is someone who is actively apart of a commercial building property management team. They are responsible for the functions of all the mechanics, sanitation and generally shared facilities. They are also focused on some of the groundskeeping work as well. A maintenance technician is someone who has keen mechanical skills and can fix broken mechanics inside of buildings. The other place where maintenance technicians and workers can be found is within factory or production settings. This is where a maintenance worker might be available to resolve production mechanical issues when they arise.
Table of Contents
- Maintenance Technician Job Description Sample
- Maintenance Technician Salary
- Maintenance Technician Job Description For Resume
- Maintenance Technician Skills
- Maintenance Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintenance Technician Requirements
Maintenance Technician Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Maintenance Technician job description:
We are seeking a talented maintenance technician who can help to ensure our building runs smoothly. From the operations of our elevators and HVAC systems to the functions of our sanitation and garbage disposal. The maintenance worker is someone who actively looks after our commercial property. They often collaborate with building management to ensure everything is running in optimal shape.
Maintenance Technician Salary
According to PayScale, the maintenance worker can receive anywhere from $10.20 per hour to $24.00 per hour. The average across The United States is roughly $14.70. That equates to a potentially annual salary range of somewhere between $21,00 - $53,000.
Maintenance Technician Job Description For Resume
A Maintenance Technician position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous experience managing the grounds of commercial properties. Comfortable with all sorts of mechanical systems. From cooling to heating. And from sanitation to the garbage disposal. Able to play a pivotal part in the smooth operations of any commercial complex up to 50,000 square feet.
Maintenance Technician Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Engineering skills
- Mechanical skills
- Hygiene skills
- Sanitation skills
- Planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation skills
- Verbal communication skills
Maintenance Technician Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Maintenance Technician for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Troubleshoot and repair any program software or technical software that is part of the building hardware.
- Troubleshoot and repair any existing PLCs and VFDs.
- Be available for emergency breakdowns of equipment and be able to help facilitate the resolution of the issues.
- Be on top of any preventative maintenance in according to the building or production equipment.
- Be on top of managing any tools associated with maintenance.
- Maintain all spare parts inventory.
- Train operators on daily maintenance and cleaning schedules.
Maintenance Technician Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- A 2-year technical degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years process controls and PLC programming experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and have excellent attention to detail.
- SAP knowledge goes a long way.
- May be exposed to hot or cold temperatures while working, including fumes or odors.
- Job may require physical demands, must be able to move up to 25 pound boxes.
- Must have a valid state drivers license.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Maintenance Worker Interview Questions & Answers
Maintenance Supervisor Job Description
Maintenance Worker Cover Letter Sample
Maintenance Manager Job Description
Apartment Maintenance Technician Cover Letter Sample
Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..