Retail Associate Job Description Sample
A retail associate is someone who provides front-line customer support and customer service to guests. They are usually found in retail settings such as department stores, supermarkets, sporting goods stores and other retail environments. The retail associate is a seller along with a customer service agent. Meaning, they provide great customer service which oftentimes leads to the sales of products or goods within the retail setting. In addition to these core roles, they also ensure all display settings are well kept and the store is in good working order.
Table Of Contents
Retail Associate Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Retail Associate job description:
We are seeking world-class retail associates to help our department stores. Retail associates are on the front-lines in terms of the representation of our brand. From being able to help customers better understand our products to help assess where their needs are so that you can better direct them. Retail associates play a critical role in the general operations of the business.
Retail Associate Salary
According to PaySalce a retail associate could earn anywhere from the $8.10 per hour range to the $14.60 per hour range. That equates to being roughly $17,100 per year to $44,418 per year. Additional commissions and bonus compensation is provided to some retail associates who are able to reach certain business objectives.
Retail Associate Job Description For Resume
A Retail Associate position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous retail experience. Around 3 years acting as an assistant store manager, retail associate, and sales associate. Comfortable with the requirements of retail. From ensuring the store presentation is top-notch to helping customers at times of stress.
Retail Associate Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- People skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Assessment skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Attentino to detail
- Collaborative skills
- Teamwork skills
- Listening skills
Retail Associate Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Retail Associate for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Help to ensure that our store is always in top shape by overlooking all displays and display settings.
- Be mindful of customers who look like they are having a difficult time, and approach them politely.
- Be on the front-lines in terms of world-class customer support, be a change agent if needed.
- Help to manage all inventory and report broken or spoiled goods.
- Assist in the sales process by showing customers our products and goods with knowledge.
- Work as a unit with other retail associates so that the store can be better served.
- Pay close attention to detail when walking through the store, if you find a problem, fix it.
- Always be sending off good energy to patrons and guests.
Retail Associate Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Previous retail experience required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Great knowledge of our products and services.
- Ability to work longer hours if requested.
- Ability to thrive in an occasionally fast-paced environment.
- Generally a helpful and kind spirited person.
- Previous experience in sales a plus.
- Computer skills a plus.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesRetail Associate Resume Objective Examples
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..