Marketing Specialist Job Description Sample
A marketing specialist is a marketing team member, though with a singular focus. For example, a marketing specialist could be someone who is strictly assigned to a product or service. Or a particular channel, let's call it Facebook Advertising. A marketing specialist is someone who can dig into a particular task and take it to the levels it needs to be in accordance with business objectives.
Table of Contents
- Marketing Specialist Job Description Sample
- Marketing Specialist Salary
- Marketing Specialist Job Description For Resume
- Marketing Specialist Skills
- Marketing Specialist Duties & Responsibilities
- Marketing Specialist Requirements
Marketing Specialist Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Marketing Specialist job description:
We are searching for a passionate marketing specialist who can help us market particular products within our catalog. This is someone who should have a keen knowledge of all consumer and business marketing tactics. That includes Facebook Advertising, Google Advertising and much more. We are looking for someone who has a significant amount of domain expertise and someone who can dig into our previous marketing campaigns and find where they can be improved.
Marketing Specialist Salary
According to PayScale, a company that helps estimate salaries for certain job functions, a marketing specialist earns about $50,500 per year on average. For someone who is more skilled, they could earn somewhere in the range of $70,000. And introductory positions could earn somewhere in the $36,000 range.
Marketing Specialist Job Description For Resume
A Marketing Specialist position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous experience in digital marketing. 5 years at a digital marketing agency. Proficient in all forms of digital marketing. Comfortable digging into a particular service and/or marketing channel and vastly expanding the results.
Marketing Specialist Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Analytical skills
- Marketing skills
- Reporting skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Patience skills
- Listening skills
- Verbal communication skills
Marketing Specialist Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Marketing Specialist for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Analyze our previous marketing campaigns to find where we need to make improvements.
- Analyze all attribution so we have a firm understanding of where to make investments.
- Report on all marketing activity on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with all marketing staff members and adhere to policy as it pertains to marketing tactics and goals.
- Listen to the VP of Marketing as it pertains to annual company goals and apply yourself towards those.
- Self-motivate all marketing initiatives and be able to manage a marketing budget.
- Uncover new marketing methods that may be applied to existing campaigns.
- Create comprehensive reports on marketing tactics to explain your specialty to the rest of the marketing team.
Marketing Specialist Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing preferred.
- 3-5 years in a previous digital marketing role.
- Keen ability to understand multiple marketing styles.
- Keen ability to understand social media advertising.
- Must have the ability to self-operate and control risk.
- Must be able to contribute to your marketing group at least 50% of the time.
- Must be able to communicate your marketing specialty to a variety of teams.
- Strong track record of success will be preferred.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesDigital Marketing Specialist Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..