Community Manager Job Description Sample
A community manager is someone who is on the front-lines in terms of customer feedback. They are being watchful of poor experiences that are happening for customers and where they might be expressing their frustration. Primarily, this happens via social media. A customer may have a bad experience with a product or service and turn to public outlets to express that frustration. A community manager may be the one who tries to interact with the customer and mitigate the poor experience.
Table Of Contents
Community Manager Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Community Manager job description:
We are searching for a passionate community manager who can help look over our existing community and our community members who may have departed due to negative reasoning. A community manager is someone who is being extremely protective of the brand. They should be empathetic towards a customers experience and have experience knowing how to handle communicating with that customer in a professional way to change their perception of the brand.
Community Manager Salary
Based on the United States national average, a community manager earns roughly $49,500 per year. On the higher end, for those who may have more experience or a proven track record of positive community management, they could earn $71,000 or more. For those who are more junior, looking to break into the community management role, they could expect on the lower side, $36,000 per year.
Community Manager Job Description For Resume
A Community Manager position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Prior experience dealing with all aspects of branding. From customer service to light forms of community management. Comfortable interacting with customers and have methods of dealing with disgruntled customers so that we can change their minds about how they perceive our brand, products or services.
Community Manager Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Empathy skills
- People skills
- Computer skills
- Customer service skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Typing skills
- Social media skills
Community Manager Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Community Manager for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Be on top of developing content plans so that our voice is always heard by our customers.
- Engage with online communities, both our own and external communities to represent the brand well.
- Relay all customer feedback to relevant internal teams for consumption.
- Interact and engage with customers who had poor experiences with our brand.
- Attend networking events and thought leadership opportunities to represent the brand well.
- Devise and implement all community communication initiatives.
- Analyze web traffic and find where our customers are coming from, then engage with them there.
Community Manager Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or similar.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to research where customers are expressing their frustration with our brand.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must have a valid state drivers license.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Strong ability to empathize with customers.
Using This Community Manager Job Description Template
In order to use your new community manager job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..