Best Key Holder Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A key holder or "keyholder" is a professional and administrative personnel who is responsible for opening and closing a retail store location. The key holder is responsible for filling in the duties of a retail store manager or shift manager in the absence of regular management. When the store is opened, the key holder should ensure that the retail location is ready to serve customers and provide an excellent customer experience.
A key holder is sometimes referred to as a keyholder.
Key Holder Job Description Sample
Our manager and assistant manager are seeking a responsible key holder from one of our existing team members. The key holder will assist staff members with the opening and closing of the store location and fill in as store management in the absence of regular shift management or store management. The key holder should have a proven ability to show responsibility and previous management experience.
Key Holder Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and key holder responsibilities:
- Learn the duties and responsibilities of the management team (managerial responsibilities) in order to fill in during the absence of a supervisor, shift manager, or another manager.
- Safely keep store location keys and provide assistance opening and closing a store location.
- Have a flexible schedule in the event of an emergency or the absence of other store employees.
- Assist with general store operation requirements, like basic merchandising tasks and duties.
- Assist with general maintenance and management of the retail store location.
- Ensure reliable transportation is readily available in the event of a store location emergency. Showing up to the store location in a timely manner is the responsibility of this job.
- Ensure the retail experience is ready for customers once the store is open. Ensure that each retail sales worker, sales associate, and any other employee has a sales floor ready for the customer and cash registers are ready for transactions.
Key Holder Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the store operations and regular daily operations.
- Knowledge of the company policies in the event of an emergency.
- Ability to assist with customer service in the event the store is opened late.
- Interpersonal skills, critical-thinking skills, and management skills.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..