Devops Engineer Job Description Sample
A devops engineer is someone who sits as part of the product and engineering team at technology companies. A devops engineer primarily focuses on the server operations of applications or products. They are directly linked and responsible for uptime with applications. A devops engineer is someone who is familiar with Linux and Unix systems as well as networking.
Table Of Contents
DevOps Engineer Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good DevOps Engineer job description:
We are seeking a passionate devops engineer who has a passion for uptime. Our devops engineers are primarily tasked with the idea that optimization and application uptime creates client success. They are a pivotal part of our engineer team. They work alongside engineers to identify systems and processes which can improve the efficiency of our output as an engineering team.
DevOps Engineer Salary
According to PayScale the average devops engineer can earn $93,000 annually. On the higher end, with a devops engineer who has more experience, they can earn somewhere in the $135,000 annual salary range. Those who have more junior qualifications may see $63,000 offered as an annual salary range.
DevOps Engineer Job Description For Resume
A DevOps Engineer position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous experience with AWS. AWS certified. Linux certified. Unix certified. Comfortable in all forms of web applications and mobile applications. Obsessed with continuous integration and automated processes. Concerned about uptime, all the time.
DevOps Engineer Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Linux skills
- Unix skills
- Automation skills
- Server operations skills
- Terminal skills
- Git skills
- Team collaboration skills
DevOps Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a DevOps Engineer for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Map, plan and improve our continuous automation techniques for all of the engineering department.
- Provide operational metrics to the engineering team and business members.
- Ensure we have a consistent uptime as part of your core responsibilities.
- Be part of any pagerduty sharing and ensure that you are equipped to be able to handle downtimes.
- Plan and expose any security loopholes in our systems and fill those gaps as soon as they're identified.
- Build and automate any server uptime monitoring tools that can help our systems stay efficient.
- Contribute as part of the engineering team, working alongside Product Owners and other staff engineers.
DevOps Engineer Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- AWS certified is preferred.
- Experience using CI/CD preferred. Any experience with Jenkins or TeamCity is strongly preferred.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages, from Ruby to Python. Be a polyglot.
- Hands on experience building uptime monitoring tools and building continuous integration tools.
- Understand basic principles of mobile application development and web application development.
- Proficient in cloud services is preferred.
Using This Devops Engineer Job Description Template
In order to use your new devops engineer job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..