Social Media Coordinator Job Description Sample
A social media coordinator is someone who helps to ensure that social media executions are coordinated. It may sound simple, but when you are running multiple accounts on multiple platforms, the amount of posting, interactions, communication and promotions that need to take place is a large feat. Social media coordinators work with social media experts to plan, manage, approve, and publish all social media work.
Table Of Contents
Social Media Coordinator Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Social Media Coordinator job description:
We are looking for a well organized social media coordinator to help us with all of our social media efforts. From managing a client's needs to managing our in-house needs. We create a large quantity of social media output. And our social media coordinators play a pivotal role in helping us to ensure our efforts are accurate, approved by clients and representing the brands well.
Social Media Coordinator Salary
A Social Media Coordinator salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
The average social media coordinator can expect to earn somewhere in the $39,000 annual salary range. While those with more experience might be able to earn upwards of $53,000 per year. Those who are more junior in their position might expect to earn $30,000 on average.
Social Media Coordinator Job Description For Resume
A Social Media Coordinator position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous experience managing and executing social media and brand awareness work for a variety of clients. Had previous experience in consumer products to business to business products and services. Comfortable working with consultants and outside parties to help us produce work.
Social Media Coordinator Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Creating skills
- Photography skills
- Planning skills
- Research skills
- Coordination skills
- Written communication skills
- Presentation skills
Social Media Coordinator Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Social Media Coordinator for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Play a pivotal role in building and executing strong social media content and content strategy.
- Play a pivotal role in the development of our social media voice and how that reflects to our fans.
- Develop a monthly social media content plan and campaign calendar, with execution guidelines.
- Manage influencer marketing programs and find ways that we can utilize influencers to increase our awareness.
- Deliver organic growth engagement metrics and growth metrics to the executive staff members.
- Facilitate the generation of user-contributed content and help guide that to increase our engagement, followers, likes, and more.
- Contribute editorial content when necessary and play a key role in all organic content creation.
Social Media Coordinator Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing or social media preferred.
- Familiarity with tools like SproutSocial, Spredfast, Sprinklr, Hootsuite and much more.
- Expertise in all Adobe and Microsoft suite products.
- Strong computer skills and ability to execute social media campaigns.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of the social media ecosystem.
Other Social Media Coordinator Resources
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesSocial Media Coordinator Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..