Help Desk Job Description Sample
The role of someone at the help desk is to be a customer service agent. Help desks can be found in a variety of places. From a museum, where they might be there to facilitate the guests of the establishment. To a digital help desk where they may respond via chat or email to a customer who has a problem. A help desk agent is someone who resolves customer issues, customer complaints and points of friction where the product or service cannot help.
Table Of Contents
Help Desk Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Help Desk job description:
We are seeking a professional, friendly, and people-oriented help desk agent to help us with our customer support efforts. This help desk professionals will be part of our digital help desk. This is where you'll be responding to customer issues in real-time, via a digital platform. You should have working knowledge of operating customer support tickets and resolving issues efficiently.
Help Desk Salary
A Help Desk salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
The average help desk agent and help desk specialist can earn anywhere from $13.50 per hour to $25.25 per hour. On average, the median average hourly pay is around $18.40. Pay will depend on previous experience and expertise in the domain of the company.
Help Desk Job Description For Resume
A Help Desk position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous work experience in customer support. I was able to achieve a 95% success rate with customer support tickets. Reduced overall ticket requests by ensuring that customers didn't have secondary requests that they were unable to answer via email or chat. Comfortable working quickly and being respectful of all customer complaints.
Help Desk Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Customer support skills
- Listening skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Comprehension skills
- Verbal communication skills
- People skills
- Social skills
Help Desk Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Help Desk for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Be on the cutting edge of all customer support requests, ensuring that we are answering issues in a timely fashion.
- Record and log all informative customer requests and pipe that information to their respective teams.
- Answer and resolve all inbound customer requests that come through both email and chat.
- Demonstrate keen ability to be a vehicle for our brand and be helpful to all clients.
- Manage multiple tasks, including reporting and inbound customer requests.
- Work and collaborate alongside other help desk professionals to ensure we are providing an incredible experience to customers.
- Portray your people and social skills at all times.
Help Desk Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business preferred.
- Previous experience in customer service is preferred.
- Ability to understand CRM tools and help desk ticketing tools.
- Ability to work 8 hours per day without any issues.
- Ability to handle difficult communication scenarios and have extreme patience.
- Must have a valid state drivers license.
- Must be able to complete a background check and drug test if required.
What Are Other Titles For Help Desk Professionals?
If you're hiring for the help desk, here are some other titles which facilitate the above job description:
- Help Desk Agent
- Help Desk Technician
- Help Desk Support
- Help Desk Specialist
Using This Help Desk Job Description Template
In order to use your new help desk job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring Resources12+ Best Help Desk Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..