Team Leader Job Description Sample
A team leader is exactly how it sounds, someone who is responsible for the leadership of a group of employee's during a shift. A team leader gets appointed a few additional tasks on top of their regular job functions. For example, if they are part of a retail setting, they may be responsible for locking the doors during the closing procedures. Or handling additional keys to the retail location. A team leader acts as someone all employees can go to regarding issues or guidance that's required.
Table Of Contents
Team Leader Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Team Leader job description:
We are seeking a passionate, driven and focused team leader. Team leaders play a vital role in our efficiency as a business. They are individuals who possess the ability to motivate, guide and direct others. A great team leader is someone who makes everyone feel special and helps address each of their needs as they are asked.
Team Leader Salary
A Team Leader salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
The average team leader receives additional pay on top of their regular pay. For a retail setting, a team leader might be expecting somewhere in the $13.50 per hour range. Team leaders who are in production environments might expect to earn more.
Team Leader Job Description For Resume
A Team Leader position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous experience in team management. I was a shift supervisor and helped each of our employees perform their daily tasks in an efficient way. Through guidance and direction, our team was one of the highest performing teams at the business.
Team Leader Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Leadership skills
- Motivational skills
- Planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
Team Leader Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as a Team Leader for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Play a pivotal role in the development, direction, guidance, and assurance of your team as assigned.
- Complete all work center audits as directed by store managers, managers and directors.
- Monitor all production and employee's for issues that might arise and be on top of resolving them before they become a larger issue.
- Assist others with their scheduling, working environment and any other administrative duties they may need.
- Promote and follow safety protocol at all times when working. Create a safe working environment.
- Trouble shoot any problems that arise, including employee to employee disputes.
- Be a guiding force and help assure all job functions are working properly.
Team Leader Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous domain expertise.
- 1-3 years previous experience in this type of job function.
- Ability to manage a team and knowledge of handling administrative duties.
- Experience knowing how to mitigate employee to employee disputes.
- Ability to inspire and motivate on a daily basis.
- Great team motivational skills.
Using This Team Leader Job Description Template
In order to use your new team leader job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..