Finance Manager Job Description Sample
A finance manager is someone who is usually found within an auto dealership. They are the financial managers who are responsible for looking at the financing options with a customer and authorizing or issuing their new auto loan. The finance manager in the auto dealership setting is someone who helps to inform, pick and sell financial products on behalf of the dealership.
Table of Contents
- Finance Manager Job Description Sample
- Finance Manager Salary
- Finance Manager Job Description For Resume
- Finance Manager Skills
- Finance Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Finance Manager Requirements
Finance Manager Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Finance Manager job description:
We are searching for a knowledgeable, helpful, insightful and all-around excellent finance manager to help our customers with their automotive financing needs. Finance managers act as consultant to our customers who are looking to buy vehicles, working with them identify the best auto loan and issue that loan.
Finance Manager Salary
A Finance Manager salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
The average salary range for a Finance Manager in the US is roughly: $77,500 to $132,000 per year. The Finance Manager may earn commissions or bonuses for their regular duties. Those with exceptional experience may be able to gain more commissions due to their previous track record of success.
Finance Manager Job Description For Resume
A Finance Manager position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous experience working within auto for the finance department. Led a variety of P&L duties as well as financing options and functions for the business. Worked closely with executive leadership to define our financial offerings and work with institutions to offer them to our customers.
Finance Manager Skills
In this section, you’re detailing the skills and qualifications you’re expecting from every candidate applying for this position.
- Finance skills
- Written communication skills
- Paperwork skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Delegation skills
Finance Manager Duties & Responsibilities
Potential candidates working as an Finance Manager for your organization must know their duties and responsibilities before applying for the position. Indicate what their role will be comprised of, as well as your expectations here.
- Work with banks and institutions to seek and secure bank lending options.
- Work with our customers to identify which financial products are best for them.
- Assist in the acquiring of approval from all auto lenders and institutions.
- Contracts and collects all money at the closing of the financing process.
- Verifies insurance and completes all auto lending paperwork.
- Solicits extended warranty sales and any other financial product sales.
Finance Manager Requirements
Use this area for highlighting the educational background, certifications, and other skills you require for every candidate applying for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience in auto environment preferred.
- Valid state drivers license.
- Ability to issue auto loans and work with lenders.
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check.
- Great knowledge of financial products preferred.
- Some sales experience required.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..