Accounting Assistant Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
Working as an Accounting Assistant means you'll be serving as a support for the Accounting department. Therefore, it will be your responsibility to perform clerical tasks, including recording and processing transactions, preparing budgets and reports, fielding communications with vendors and clients, filing, fact-checking, and a variety of other duties as needed. When you work as an Accounting Assistant, this is typically an entry-level position and encompasses entry-level accounting duties. Many Accounting Assistants work in large accounting firms or private accounting offices across a broad range of sectors.
Table Of Contents
Accounting Assistant Job Description Sample
Our company is in search of a motivated Accounting Assistant with exceptional time management and communication skills. This multitasker will assist the Accounting department by assisting with audits, data entry, preparing budgets, processing transactions, preparing reports, fact-checking, updating the ledger, recording transactions, and preparing reports. You should be accurate, honest, and thorough while possessing excellent bookkeeping skills. Successful candidates should have proficiency with computers, as well as an understanding of Accounting principles. You should be efficient, organized, and trustworthy.
Accounting Assistant Salary
According to PayScale’s data, the average national salary for an Accounting Assistant ranges between $30,000 and $54,000 per year. That translates to earning between $12.00 and $21.00 per hour, on average. Those with less than one year of experience can expect to receive $14.68 per hour. Accounting Assistants with twenty years or more experience are reporting earnings of $18.25 per hour or more.
Accounting Assistant Job Description For The Resume (Resume Summary)
Accounting Assistant with more than five years experiencing seeking to establish an accounting career in your company. I have a Bachelors Degree in accounting from an accredited university and am in the process of receiving my license as a Certified Public Accountant. I'm proficient in FreshBooks, MS Excel, and QuickBooks Pro.
Accounting Assistant Skills
In this section, you’re detailing what skill requirements you have for the candidate’s role as an Accounting Assistant. These skills have more to do with how they’ll perform on the job, as well as other skills that will support their position.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong typing skills.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Secure ethical code and professional manner.
- Remain positive and motivated while multitasking.
- Commitment to working accurately and efficiently.
Accounting Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will change from company to company. However, you must be including the core details regarding this position in this section. That way, there’s no confusion regarding the candidate’s expectations.
- Supporting the Accounting department.
- Performing office tasks including answering phones, data entry, filing, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling vendor and client communications via e-mail, telephone, and in-person.
- Preparation of financial reports.
- Complete accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Assist with collections.
- Assisting with auditing, fact-checking, and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial data.
- Interpret and apply policies, regulations, and rules regarding work to ensure compliance is maintained.
Accounting Assistant Requirements
Use this section for diving further into detail regarding the requirements you have for this job regarding education, certifications, and other experience. If you have any specific computer or software background requirements, list them here as well.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Quickbooks.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Relevant work experience, at least 1-3 years.
- Additional education, certifications, experience, or licensures may be required.
- Proficiency with bookkeeping software and computers.
- Able to work independently on tasks assigned.
- Can manage and meet deadlines.
Phone Interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..