Occupational Therapist Job Description Sample
An occupational therapist can be found in a number of settings. The first would be within a health or medical setting. And the second may be within an educational setting. An occupational therapist is someone who helps the injured, ill or disabled through any type of recent trauma. These traumas are normally preventing that person or child to move forward in their daily active lives and require therapy to help cope with the situation.
Table Of Contents
Occupational Therapist Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Occupational Therapist job description:
We are seeking passionate occupational therapists who have a keen attention to detail. As an occupational therapist, your responsibility will be to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for those you are treating. You will be part of treating and assessing disabled children and patients who have had recent trauma in their lives. You will be part of creating a plan to address their individual medical and educational needs. And help them move forward in their lives.
Occupational Therapist Salary
An Occupational Therapist salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
An occupational therapist can earn on average about $86,000 per year in the US. Those with more than 10 years of experience can earn upwards of $110,000 per year on average. The median pay for this position is roughly $76,400 as of 2019.
Occupational Therapist Job Description For Resume
An Occupational Therapist position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous experience working with children and patients as an occupational therapist. Comfortable creating medical and educational assessment plans that introduce new therapy's and paths forward for those who have undergone recent trauma.
Occupational Therapist Skills
In this section, you’re detailing what skill requirements you have for the candidate’s role as an Occupational Therapist. These skills have more to do with how they’ll perform on the job, as well as other skills that will support their position.
- Assessment skills.
- Listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Comprehension skills.
- Planning skills.
- Writing skills.
Occupational Therapist Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will change from company to company. However, you must be including the core details regarding this position in this section. That way, there’s no confusion regarding the candidate’s expectations.
- Assess student and medical patient previous trauma's along with their guardians to have a keen understanding of their needs.
- Create assessment plans and goal setting plans to help the student or patient decide on a path forward.
- Treat all patience and students with the utmost of respect and have patience as it relates to their treatments.
- Perform forms of therapy and guidance along with the student or patient on an ongoing basis.
- Become a trusted source for your patient and provide a comfortable environment for them.
Occupational Therapist Requirements
Use this section for diving further into detail regarding the requirements you have for this job regarding education, certifications, and other experience. If you have specific computer or software background requirements, list them here as well.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy. Masters degree is preferred.
- Must be eligible for overtime in the state.
- Prior school or medical office experience is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Must have a valid state drivers license.
- Must have great communication skills.
Using This Occupational Therapist Job Description Template
In order to use your new occupational therapist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..