Psychiatrist Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
A psychiatrist is a clinical professional who helps examine and diagnose illness of the mind. They can often be found within an individual professional setting or a group professional setting. That means a psychiatrist can be working alone, as part of a specialist offering. Or sometimes as part of a hospital or medical group setting.
Table Of Contents
Psychiatrist Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Psychiatrist job description:
We are seeking responsible, enthusiastic and empathetic psychiatrists to join our medical group. Psychiatrists play a key role in the therapy of mental illness. They are a key care provider for those who are suffering mental and instability issues as it pertains to their everyday lives.
A Psychiatrist salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
A psychiatrist on average earls around $199,900 per year. Those with a larger amount of experience can be expected to earn roughly $217,000 per year. A psychiatrist, based on other jobs and sectors, is one of the highest-paid professionals.
Psychiatrist Job Description For Resume
A Psychiatrist position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous medical center experience as a clinical psychiatrist. Comfortable treating patients of all ages. Comfortable managing patient progress and following company protocol as it pertain to treatments and therapies.
In this section, you’re detailing what skill requirements you have for the candidate’s role as a Psychiatrist. These skills have more to do with how they’ll perform on the job, as well as other skills that will support their position.
- Psychiatric skills.
- Medical skills.
- Written communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Comprehension skills.
- Therapeutic skills.
- Monitoring skills.
- Integrity skills.
- Empathy skills.
Psychiatrist Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will change from company to company. However, you must be including the core details regarding this position in this section. That way, there’s no confusion regarding the candidate’s expectations.
- Provide extremely high-quality medical care to our psychiatric patients in accordance with our Speciality Certification and GEFCC Policies and Procedures.
- Be a fully individual support system for all quality initiatives, goal setting, and therapy providers.
- Provide all forms of leadership, supervision, and training of departmental staff and assistants who help you with daily activities.
- Report all scheduled work, working hours, and patient documentation to supervisors and consultants on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that your work is compliant with all GEFCC objectives, systems, policies and directives as contractually agreed upon.
- Maintain efficiency and provide high-quality work at all times.
Use this section for diving further into detail regarding the requirements you have for this job regarding education, certifications, and other experience. If you have specific computer or software background requirements, list them here as well.
- MD/DO degree required. Previous residency (ACGME) required.
- Must have the ability to successfully complete credentialing.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must have your state licensure, DEA certificate and board certification.
- Must have previous experience working with patients as a psychiatrist.
- Provides excellent patient care at all times.
Psychiatrist professionals will be required to have passed the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX-USA) for DO's. As it pertains to board certification, a professional must apply for board certification from The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). Additonal state licensing may be required.
Additional Psychiatrist Resources
Using This Psychiatrist Job Description Template
In order to use your new psychiatrist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..