Product Owner Job Description Sample
A product owner is someone who can be found within a software business, a technology business, a financial business and any other business that might require the administration and control of operations over certain products. A product owner is someone who oversees the performance, development, and team coordination of a product. That product plays a larger role within the company offering.
Table of Contents
- Product Owner Job Description Sample
- Product Owner Salary
- Product Owner Job Description For Resume
- Product Owner Skills
- Product Owner Duties & Responsibilities
- Product Owner Requirements
Product Owner Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Product Owner job description:
We are searching for a passionate product owner who has keen business expertise to drive forward our business. A product owner acts as a small CEO. They work within the company, coordinating with executive leaders and teams to drive research, development, engineering, design, and sales.
Product Owner Salary
A Product Owner salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
The average product owner receives anywhere from $87,000 to $120,000 in annual salary. Those with 10+ years of experience might be able to make more. Product owners are sometimes rewarded for their ability to accomplish business goals.
Product Owner Job Description For Resume
A Product Owner position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous experience as a product manager and product owner. Comfortable leading all design, technology teams to drive forward business metrics and achieve KPI's.
Product Owner Skills
In this section, you’re detailing what skill requirements you have for the candidate’s role as a Product Owner. These skills have more to do with how they’ll perform on the job, as well as other skills that will support their position.
- Leadership skills
- Team coordination skills
- Operational skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Comprehension skills
- Business development skills
Product Owner Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will change from company to company. However, you must be including the core details regarding this position in this section. That way, there’s no confusion regarding the candidate’s expectations.
- Control and lead all business operations that are associated to particular products.
- Understand executive leadership's quarterly goals and plan out roadmaps that drive forward your team.
- Control and monitor all business metrics and lead sales development.
- Be a proactive player in the design and engineering phase of all product development.
- Be looking for new market conditions and respond to lack of sales.
- Produce revenue, control a P&L.
Product Owner Requirements
Use this section for diving further into detail regarding the requirements you have for this job regarding education, certifications, and other experience. If you have specific computer or software background requirements, list them here as well.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications preferred.
- 2+ years as a prior product manager or product owner.
- Proven track record of being able to drive forward business results.
- Knowledge of our sales and marketing process.
- Ability to sell your product and bring revenue to fruition.
- Ability to manage, train, hire, and control a team.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesProduct Owner Resume Example (+ Free Template Download)
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..