Insurance Agent Job Description Sample
An insurance agent is someone who works as part of a corporate insurance company or an independent insurance company to both identify insurance needs and sell insurance to consumers. An insurance agent can sell all types of insurance. From home insurance to life insurance. And from business insurance to vehicle insurance.
Table Of Contents
Insurance Agent Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Insurance Agent job description:
We are looking for talented insurance agents to work with our existing clientele to help them with their insurance needs as well as work with prospective customers who are looking to fulfill certain insurance in their life. From life insurance to vehicle insurance. As an insurance agent, you are someone who has a great ability to perform customer support as well as sales.
Insurance Agent Salary
An Insurance Agent salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
According to Salary.com, the average insurance agent can earn anywhere from $42,000 to $62,000 per year. An insurance agent might receive bonus compensation or revenue share for the insurance that they sell, depending on the company that they work for and their corporate structure.
Insurance Agent Job Description For Resume
A Insurance Agent position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous experience in sales and customer service roles. Comfortable with high degrees of customer interaction. Eager to help drive business results by developing close relationships with customers.
Insurance Agent Skills
In this section, you’re detailing what skill requirements you have for the candidate’s role as an Insurance Agent. These skills have more to do with how they’ll perform on the job, as well as other skills that will support their position.
- Sales skills
- Customer support skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Listening skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management skills
Insurance Agent Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will change from company to company. However, you must be including the core details regarding this position in this section. That way, there’s no confusion regarding the candidate’s expectations.
- Work closely with other insurance agents to identify territories of where customers and exist and where prospecting needs to occur.
- Work closely with prospective customers to identify their insurance needs and advise them on what policies might be best for them.
- Sell and upsell insurance policies when there is a fitting opportunity to do so.
- Be a customer support agent and constantly answer the phone when a customer calls.
- Help customers with their existing insurance policies and direct them to agents who can help them further.
- Develop a prospect list and a sales outreach process.
Insurance Agent Requirements
Use this section for diving further into detail regarding the requirements you have for this job regarding education, certifications, and other experience. If you have specific computer or software background requirements, list them here as well.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience in sales and customer support required.
- Keen knowledge of our insurance policies required.
- Ability to pass a state drug test.
- A keen understanding of HIPAA privacy and security laws.
- Ability to develop your own sales process.
- History of working in an environment where you need to follow compliance.
Using This Insurance Agent Job Description Template
In order to use your new insurance agent job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..