Concierge Job Description Sample
A Concierge is someone who is part of a hospitality group. Usually, found in a hotel setting. This professional is responsible for ensuring that guests are well taken care of and that some of their special needs requests that pertain to activities outside of the hotel are accounted for. This professional might be the one who can help plan transportation, dining events, and other types of accommodations.
Table of Contents
- Concierge Job Description Sample
- Concierge Salary
- Concierge Job Description For Resume
- Concierge Skills
- Concierge Duties & Responsibilities
- Concierge Requirements
Concierge Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good Concierge job description:
We are searching for a passionate and knowledgeable concierge who can help us provide an optimal guest experience for our customers. A great concierge is someone who has a keen understanding of customer service and can provide our guests with the knowledge and service they need to have a great time staying with us.
A Concierge salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
In the US, the national average salary for a Concierge is around $40,000 per year. Those with more experience might be able to earn upwards of $55,000 per year. While those who are entry-level may be starting at $13.61 per hour.
Concierge Job Description For Resume
A Concierge position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous hospitality experience. Worked front-desk and nigh audit positions for a long period of time. Comfortable guiding guests to the needs that they might have. 5+ years in a hotel setting.
In this section, you’re detailing what skill requirements you have for the candidate’s role as a Concierge. These skills have more to do with how they’ll perform on the job, as well as other skills that will support their position.
- Guidance skills
- Listening skills
- Planning skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
Concierge Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will change from company to company. However, you must be including the core details regarding this position in this section. That way, there’s no confusion regarding the candidate’s expectations.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and direct those calls to their proper parties. IF the guest is requesting you the concierge, handle the phone call with grace.
- Perform the various duties that ensure all residents and guests are having an optimal experience. This includes learning about transportation requirements and notifying residents of any packages they might have received.
- Keep a log of all housekeeping and mechanical room keys.
- Maintain all guest reservations and records.
- Assist in all sponsored events and help with lodging and planning.
Use this section for diving further into detail regarding the requirements you have for this job regarding education, certifications, and other experience. If you have specific computer or software background requirements, list them here as well.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to maintain a pleasant manner under pressure.
- Ability to type, read, write and follow written instructions.
- Must have keen customer service abilities.
- Creative thinking abilities are a strong plus.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Concierge Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..