Car Salesman Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
A car salesman is a professional who is part of the sales team inside of a car dealership. They are the professionals who might help you with the assessment, decision making, and purchasing of a vehicle. Car salesmen act as consultants, ensuring that they are helping customers who come into the dealership with all of their automotive purchasing needs.
Table of Contents
- Car Salesman Job Description Sample
- Car Salesman Salary
- Car Salesman Job Description For Resume
- Car Salesman Skills
- Car Salesman Duties & Responsibilities
- Car Salesman Requirements
Car Salesman Job Description Sample
Here’s an example of a good car salesmen job description:
We are searching for a skilled car salesman who can help address our incoming customers on a daily basis. Great car salesman are people who can take direction from our sales leaders and can start working with customers to ensure they have a satisfactory experience inside our dealership.
Car Salesman Salary
A Car Salesman salary and pay looks roughly like the following:
In the United States, the average annual pay for a Car Salesman is $42,950 as of 2019. Car salesmen can earn commissions and bonuses for their work inside of a car dealership, depending on the type of engagement they have with their supervisor.
Car Salesman Job Description For Resume
A Car Salesman position may have a description similar to this one in an executive summary, professional summary, or resume:
Previous sales experience. Comfortable managing a sales floor and working with customers to ensure all of their needs are met in a high-quality way.
Car Salesman Skills
In this section, you’re detailing what skill requirements you have for the candidate’s role as a Car Salesman. These skills have more to do with how they’ll perform on the job, as well as other skills that will support their position.
- People skills
- Social skills
- Advisory skills
- Sales skills
- Customer service skills
- Listening skills
Car Salesman Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will change from company to company. However, you must be including the core details regarding this position in this section. That way, there’s no confusion regarding the candidate’s expectations.
- Ensure that all customers who attend our sales floor are addressed and helped.
- Work with customers to identify their auto needs, including the sales of their existing vehicle and choosing a new vehicle.
- Ensure that proper test drives are taken and that the driver's insurance and state drivers license is scanned before doing so.
- Ensure that customers are handed over to the finance department where they can be helped by the loan officer.
- Track and report on all sales on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Learn from our sales leaders and attend all sales meetings.
Car Salesman Requirements
Use this section for diving further into detail regarding the requirements you have for this job regarding education, certifications, and other experience. If you have specific computer or software background requirements, list them here as well.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have a valid state drivers license and must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug test if asked.
- Must have previous sales experience.
- Ability to manage sales and multi-task for your customers.
- Ability to move quickly, adapt quickly, and address customer needs.
Car Salesman Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Related Hiring ResourcesCar Salesman Resume Example
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..